Merlin is the only native network-based collaborative Project Management solution for Mac OS X.
This version offers many features propelling Merlin to the top of Mac OS X professional project management software.
Here are some of the main highlights in Merlin 2:
- Merlin has now a Web module which is included in this version of Merlin. The following browsers are supported: Safari 3, Firefox 2.0+ and Internet Explorer 7.0
- Merlin now supports special OS X 10.7 features like full screen and restoring last edited files.
- Network-based Collaborative Project Management
Collaborate with others on the same project file over the LAN or WAN with a single mouse click.
- Access Control for Users and User Groups
Resources can be either single Users or grouped into Resource Groups both of which can be assigned to activities and/or given specific access rights.
- Dynamic Planning Mode
Activities which haven’t started yet can be automatically moved to the current date. This is great news for devotees of Agile Project Management.
- Bi-directional Synchronization with iCal
Changes in Merlin are reflected in iCal and vice versa. You can also sync specific resources in a separate calendar.
- Enhanced Financial and Cost Models
You can now compare planned vs. actual costs with the ability to determine accruals per cost entry.
- Both, Merlin and Merlin Server are distributed from now on in a zipp'ed archive.
- The classic report offers now an option to show a project column. By default the switch is off.
- Merlin Server would not always update the project's objective in the projects list.
- Very long projects (25+ years) were not displayed in Merlin Web.
- The exclusive access lock icon would not show up when editing remote projects in OS X 10.8.
- In some rare cases the master project could not be modified once saved.
- The sorting of the WBS was not always correct.
- In some cases, iPhone or Web publishing would not start.
- Under some special access permissions, project saving would fail.
- CVS import did not work properly.
- An issue with the code signing & certification is fixed.
- Fixed some translation issues and typos.
- The German and English help files are updated.
Intel/PPC, OS X 10.4.11 or later