Mellel is the leading word processor for OS X and has been widely considered the industry standard for long form documents since its inception. Mellel focuses on writers and scholars for technical writing and multilingual word processing. It offers special tools to help you write and organize long documents easily. If you need multilingual support or are writing bi-directional text, Mellel is just the thing for you: Arabic, Persian, Hebrew, and Syriac never looked better on a Mac. Even if you don’t need all the bells and whistles, Mellel is still the right choice for you: clean, stable, and easy to use.
- Rewritten "Attributes Replace" to scan all parts of the document (Auto-title setup, notes, style set), dig inside headers/footers and inside document styles
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to fail to save and crash with documents containing an empty string for "see" or "see also" in the index
- Fixed an issue that caused PDF export to an external disk to produce PDF documents without a table of contents
- Fixed an issue that caused small caps to be applied on the whole final citation when doing a bibliography scan if the format specifies small caps at the beginning of the final citation
- Fixed an issue that caused comments to be cut off when printing while annotation pane is visible
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash and behave erratically when using "fit width/page" zoom in Hebrew interface
- Some adjustments and improvements to the way sizing of table views (Outline, Index etc) is handled relative to the scroll view scrollers
- Removing forcing of "txt" file extension when exporting to plain text, allows to set any extension
- Using the current selection as a starting point for a citation when inserting a citation manually
- Many revisions and corrections to the Hebrew UI, Correct RTL interface in Hebrew localisations for Story Pane, Index Pane, Preferences, "Welcome to Mellel" window and template browser
- Fixed some memory leaks, and some misc bugs.
OS X 10.6 or later