MediaInfo provides easy access to technical and tag information about video and audio files.
- Read many video and audio file formats
- View information in different formats (text, tree)
- Export information as text
- Graphical user interface, command line interface, or library (.dll/.so/.dylib) versions available
- Integrate with the shell (drag-and-drop, and Context menu)
- Matroska: handling of files with Tracks element after Cluster elements
- Matroska: detection of Duration tag alone and use it even if tag writing date is not there.
- Matroska: mapping of colour description elements, timecode and handler name to corresponding MediaInfo fields
- I169, WAV: too much aggressive detection of wrong 5-channel audio, now limited on AC-3 and DTS
- transfer_characteristics and matrix_coefficients slight change in order to have them unique per ISO integer value
- EBUCore: All XML elements are correctly escaped
- PBCore: All XML elements are correctly escaped
OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor