Mate Translate (was Instant Translate) allows you to translate words and phrases between over 100 languages, use text-to-speech, and browse through already-done translations in the history. You can quickly swap languages in the pop-up using Control+S.
- 100+ languages supported
- offline history of translations
- translate in the pop-up window that’s always in the menu bar
- translate selected text from the context menu
- open the pop-up with a shortcut
- autorun as the Mac starts
- pin the pop-up window above all other windows
- insert contents of the clipboard
- Memory usage was optimized. Mate should now barely eat any of your precious RAM.
- Shortcuts fixed. Previously, you were able to re-assign a shortcut only after clearing the previous one.
- Speaking out works again. For some languages, text-to-speech stopped working some time ago. We fixed it. Now it's working again and even with better speech quality.
- Fixed a few minor UI bugs.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash on El Capitan.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor