Finale, which was created by MakeMusic Company, is one of the largest, most respected and most widely used notation software on the market. MakeMusic Finale began in 1988 and has expanded steadily in use and popularity.
MakeMusic Finale is mainly used by professionals in the music industry but can also be used by amateurs and aspiring musicians, composers and producers who want to give a professional touch to their music. MakeMusic Finale has been used to create scores for many popular films including Oscar nominees like Million Dollar Baby, The Aviator and The Village. MakeMusic Finale was also used to write the score of one of the Harry Potter films (Prisoner of Azkaban), together with successful animations such as The Polar Express and Ratatouille. MakeMusic Finale is also used by numerous composers and featured such advertisers as Brian Ferneyhough, Hal Leonard Corporation and Henle Verlag.
- Enhanced ReWire Support (Finale’s tempo can now drive the ReWire host)
- Official support for macOS Sierra (10.12)
- Updated Windows toolbars, palettes, and dialog boxes for use with high-resolution screens (aka Hi-DPI, including 4K monitors)
- Additional new features, including lyric hyphen character definition, true black printing, transparency support in graphics, and more
- Many bug fixes and refinements to v25
OS X 10.8 or later