Mailplane brings Gmail to your Mac desktop. Mailplane combines Gmail’s spam protection, endless storage, global access, and unique user interface with great Mac features:
Attach files: Drag ‘n’ drop your files and folders to Mailplane and watch them being attached to the message and automatically uploaded.
Send optimized photos: Pictures get automatically resized and optimized to reduce the size of your message.
Instantly send screenshots: Need to send a Screenshot? With one click you grab a portion of your screen and attach it to your message.
Send pictures from iPhoto: Mailplane comes with an iPhoto plugin that makes sending picture attachments so easy: select any pictures in iPhoto and then press the email button. That’s it.
Multiple accounts: Add as many Gmail accounts (or Google apps for your domain accounts) as you want and switch between them without restarting Mailplane. And there is no need to enter passwords every two weeks, either. Mailplane stores them safely in the Mac keychain.
Download attachments and then reveal them in Finder. If the attachment is a photo or even a ZIP file containing pictures, then you can directly import them to iPhoto.
Get Notified: Mailplane lets you know when new mail arrives. By playing a sound, by showing the number of unread messages in the application icon and by the Growl notification system. Plus: Monitor all your accounts with the accounts drawer or the status item.
Talk with your Buddies: If somebody wants to talk, Mailplane shows a Growl notification. The brand-new Google Talk Gadget (displayed inside a separate window) offers some nice features like video and photo preview.
And more: Full control of Google Mail with your keyboard, by using Mac keystrokes. Access the flexible and customizable toolbar. Send Mail from address book, safari or any application showing “mailto” urls and more. Plus Mailplane is available in many languages.
- Accounts: Switch between accounts instantly. Up to 10 accounts are supported simultaneously.
- Calendar: Google Calendar is a perfect match for Gmail. Mailplane combines them in one app. No separate calendar set-up required and accepting an invitation intuitively switches to the correct calendar tab.
- Integration: Mailplane is a native Mac OSX application and integrates naturally into Mac OSX. Apple Mail like keyboard shortcuts, acting as default Mail Client, Mail PDF from Print Dialog, OSX Services and much more.
- Enhance Gmail: Enable great Gmail plugins on an account basis with a single click. And hide ads or apply a custom stylesheet.
- Attachments: Resize images, compress directories or capture your screen and attach it to your message. No need to start another app. Don't download attachments twice. Preview them with QuickLook.
- Notifier: Mailplane's notifier tells you everything about unread messages. It integrates with Mac OSX notification center and the 'Do Not Disturb' mode allows you to stay focused.
- Mailplane talks to apps like Safari, iWork suite, iPhoto, Contacts, Evernote, Things, OmniFocus, Alfred and Lyn.
Intel, OS X 10.7 or later