Mailplane brings Gmail to your Mac desktop. Mailplane combines Gmail’s spam protection, endless storage, global access, and unique user interface with great Mac features:
Attach files: Drag ‘n’ drop your files and folders to Mailplane and watch them being attached to the message and automatically uploaded.
Send optimized photos: Pictures get automatically resized and optimized to reduce the size of your message.
Instantly send screenshots: Need to send a Screenshot? With one click you grab a portion of your screen and attach it to your message.
Send pictures from iPhoto: Mailplane comes with an iPhoto plugin that makes sending picture attachments so easy: select any pictures in iPhoto and then press the email button. That’s it.
Multiple accounts: Add as many Gmail accounts (or Google apps for your domain accounts) as you want and switch between them without restarting Mailplane. And there is no need to enter passwords every two weeks, either. Mailplane stores them safely in the Mac keychain.
Download attachments and then reveal them in Finder. If the attachment is a photo or even a ZIP file containing pictures, then you can directly import them to iPhoto.
Get Notified: Mailplane lets you know when new mail arrives. By playing a sound, by showing the number of unread messages in the application icon and by the Growl notification system. Plus: Monitor all your accounts with the accounts drawer or the status item.
Talk with your Buddies: If somebody wants to talk, Mailplane shows a Growl notification. The brand-new Google Talk Gadget (displayed inside a separate window) offers some nice features like video and photo preview.
And more: Full control of Google Mail with your keyboard, by using Mac keystrokes. Access the flexible and customizable toolbar. Send Mail from address book, safari or any application showing “mailto” urls and more. Plus Mailplane is available in many languages.
- Mailplane allows you to assign a global keyboard shortcut to compose a new message. Go to Preferences... > Shortcuts.
- Mailplane 3.0.2 is ready for OS X 10.9 Mavericks which is coming this fall.
- Find (Command-F) does now highlight find results while typing.
- Mailplane shows now the currently selected account and type in its main window title.
- Dragging a block of text to another position does now work.
- 'Send PDF with Mailplane' does now always compose a new message.
- Dropping URLs while composing a message is now supported.
- 'Hide Ads' setting does now hide Web Clips as well.
Intel, 64-bit processor
OS X 10.7 or later