MacPilot gives you the power of UNIX and the simplicity of Macintosh, which means a phenomenal amount of untapped power in your hands! Use MacPilot to unlock over 1,200 features, and access them all with the easy and familiar Macintosh user interface. No command line tools or complicated file operations!
Display hidden files in the Finder, disable the startup chime, add spacers and stacks to the Dock, change the screenshot file format, run maintenance tools, tweak network settings, force empty the Trash, and tons more. Keep yourself in awe and busy for days as you discover how much Mac OS X has “under the hood”.
Get out of the passenger seat and take control of your Mac. Set your login window picture, use the screensaver as your Desktop, modify advanced file permissions (ACL), change the system welcome message, enable simultaneous recordings in QuickTime, view system logs, or enable the Debug menu in numerous apps.
Or perhaps you’re feeling the need for a simpler lifestyle? Disable the Notification Centre, virtual memory, Dashboard and iCloud saving. Ditch time-wasting graphical animations, prevent system sleep, suspend Safari’s web caching, disable App Nap, remove the downloaded files warning message, and more!
- Change login window picture on Sierra
- Turn off Gate Keeper
- Locate search results now sortable by size or kind
- Toolbars auto-hide in Locate search
- Locate search is now threaded
- Locate search results much prettier
- Toolbar Display menu under View to change toolbar view mode for smaller resolutions
- Toggle to disable removing files from selected folder recursively
- Erase free space on volumes using 5 different levels of security
- Moved CAT to the System Tools page
- Advanced features window can no longer be resized 'too small.'
- Advanced features window changed colors to save/restore point buttons
- Disclosure triangle does not appear in the main progress window if there are no status updates to show
- Dramatically improved the UI for the Files tab of Tools
- Window tabbing disabled
- Searches in query boxes no longer perform their searches twice
- Fixed alignment of buttons in the Tools tab when the window grows
macOS 10.12 or later