MacPilot can enable and disable hidden features in Mac OS X, optimize and repair your system, and perform numerous routine maintenance operations with the click of a button!
Pro user or not, you can now increase computer performance with only a few clicks of the mouse. Optimize your network for broadband connectivity, completely customize Apple File Sharing, perform essential maintenance without having to remember mind boggling acronyms, and much more. However, those are just a few of the many reasons why MacPilot is your choice over Cocktail, TinkerTool and Onyx.
Enable the “cut” option in the Finder, disable menu items for security, disable icon caches, set history limits, erase recently used files, prevent your dock from being modified, turn off all system animations, increase the speed at which windows resize, change which format screenshots are taken in, set a default name and location for screenshots, disable a secondary processor, the startup chime, and even change the login window picture. Over 900 features in total!
- Compatibility with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. Not only compatibility, but new features as well!
- Yosemite: Spotlight: Disable web search.
- Yosemite: Spotlight: Clear last search query on close.
- Yosemite: Spotlight: Dark mode (separate from Dock/Menubar).
- Yosemite: System: Dark mode.
- Yosemite: Finder: Numerous new modes to lock-down the Preferences window security.
- Yosemite: Finder: Set preferred/default search window view style.
- Yosemite: Login Window: Set desktop picture.
- Yosemite: Login Window: A number of new QuickTime Player functions.
- Now provides a detailed explanation in the summary field when crashing.
- Can now close progress windows when task is running to cancel it.
- Spotlight clear on close for Yosemite.
- Re order login item with drag and drop.
- Toggle iPad charging warning (10.9 and later).
- Fixed crash when preferences remembered an old last panel on startup for the main window that has since been removed.
- Fixed crash using the Erase button in the Files panel if internal tools missing.
- Fixed setting of Safari user agent, and other settings (case-sensitive domain).
- Fixed ability to click Rebuild Spotlight index when no selection in the disks list.
- Will now intentionally crash if the app cannot connect to the features database.
- Fixed crash in MacPilot folder listing when trying to draw a row when there was no selection.
- Can now close the log in the process window.
- Features no longer continually run pre and post flight operations when applying in bulk; will only do it once!
- Now correctly waits for apps to close before proceeding with issuing commands.
- Spotlight features removed for Dictionary/Calculator disablement as Apple removed this feature.
- Fixed crash creating Koingo menu if could not determine the bundle folder for the app.
- Correctly reports Safari debug/develop menu state.
- Removed non-Yosemite features like Disk Utility: disable internet enabled actions, skipping of burn verification, allow disk images as RAIDs; Dock: semi-transparent mode, list view for stacks mode
- Fixed major bug on Yosemite that would fail to allow the application to launch properly.
- More clearly defined the App Store version of MacPilot as MacPilot Lite.
- Permanently network settings not saving on restart (10.9). Can anyone verify this on this system version or others? We canâ€™t!
OS X 10.7 or later