▶ SALE! Dash is only $7.99 for a limited time – 60% OFF! Dash is free to download and try out. However, you can purchase Dash using an In-App Purchase ◀
Dash is an API documentation browser and code-snippet manager. Always one keyboard shortcut away, Dash helps you store snippets of code, as well as search iOS, Mac, Android, Java, Perl, Ruby, PHP, Python, jQuery, Django, Cocos2D, and a lot more docsets.
Snippet Manager Features:
- Collect snippets of code that you reuse often.
- Snippet detection. Dash will suggest a snippet if it detects that you copied and pasted the same thing several times.
- Sync by saving your library in Dropbox.
- Over 80 syntaxes for code highlighting.
- Variable placeholders can be edited before pasting.
- Abbreviations are expanded wherever you type them.
Special Snippet Placeholders:
- @clipboard expands into the contents of the clipboard.
- @cursor repositions the cursor after expansion.
- @date expands into the current date.
- @time expands into the current time.
Documentation Browser Features:
- Search Cocoa reference in iOS, Mac, and custom docsets.
- Included custom docsets: Android, Java, Perl, Ruby, PHP, Python, jQuery, Django, Cocos2D, and lots more.
- Methods are conveniently shown in a special table of contents.
- Easily switch between platforms by clicking on the search-result icon.
- Fuzzy search. Don’t let misspellings get in your way.
- Built for speed. Searching is almost instant.
- Multi-touch gestures.
- Menu-item application, always one keyboard shortcut away.
- Users that want to use Dash only as a snippet manager or documentation browser, can do so.
- Fixed issues with OS X 10.9 and Xcode 5. If you notice anything not working, let me know!
- Added support for Oyster (a RegEx app) New: Vim-style key bindings:
- CTRL+J & E for scroll down
- CTRL+K & Y for scroll up
- CTRL+D for scroll half a page down
- CTRL+U for scroll half a page up
- CTRL+G for scroll to top
- CTRL+Shift+G for scroll to bottom
- Fix: Printing Man Pages
- Fix: Load more than 1000 items in the docset browser at one time
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor