LogTail is a modern macOS app to view and monitor local and remote log files (using SSH) or any plain text file. It reads log files and outputs their contents as they change, and can follow or “tail” the file in a way similar to the Unix ‘tail’ utility (tail -f)
LogTail is helpful in monitoring application and system log files which are updated constantly at runtime. It allows you to set up filter and highlight rules that can be used to hide or colorize lines with matching words or patterns. This allows you to focus on the important data in your log files!
- Manage and browse remote SSH server hosts
- Bookmark and Search remote log files
- Share local log files as Mail message attachment or Messages instant message (or via AirDrop or add to Notes (Sharing toolbar item))
- Fix horizontal scrollbars not appearing
- Fix remote hosts window closing after opening
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor