ABBYY Lingvo Dictionary gives you an instant access to high-quality translation dictionaries for English, Russian, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese. Lingvo contains world class Oxford Dictionaries and includes over 7,150,000 entries. No Internet connection or in-app purchases required, all dictionaries are included in the application.
Features and benefits:
- Translation from ENGLISH into Russian, Spanish, German, French, Italian, and back
- Translation from RUSSIAN into English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, and back
- Get multiple translations and usage samples for each word meaning
- View verb forms, synonyms and antonyms, grammar notes, and cultural information
- Learn meanings of set expressions from general translation and idiomatic dictionaries, phrase books and dictionaries of English slang and colloquialisms
- Look up accurate translations in more than 100 subject dictionaries of computer, engineering, law, marketing, economics, finance and banking, and medicine terms
- Use New Oxford American Dictionary, with word meanings arranged by their frequency of use
- Listen to pronunciation of key words for English, Spanish, German, Russian and French recorded by native speakers
- Get a pop-up translation in the Safari browser by simply pointing the mouse cursor at unfamiliar words
- Updated dictionaries: Spanish-Russian and Russian-Spanish dictionaries, Russian-Italian dictionary, Universal English-Russian dictionary, English-Russian and Russian-English Law dictionaries.
- Sound files for most dictionaries are updated.
- Morphology data (see Inflected Word Forms) are updated.
- 64-bit app version is implemented.
- Dark Mode on macOS Mojave is supported.
- App size is optimized.
- The pop-up translation module (ABBYY Lingvo Pop-Up Translation) is removed. For quick word translation use instead the search service "Look Up in Lingvo Dictionary" by opening the Services menu or using shortcut (Command + ).
- User dictionaries are not supported at the new version.
- Some minor bugs are fixed.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor