LaunchBar is an award-winning productivity utility that offers an amazingly intuitive and efficient way to search and access any kind of information stored on your computer or on the Web. It provides instant access to your applications, documents, contacts, and bookmarks, to your music library, to search engines and more, just by entering short abbreviations of the searched item’s name.
You just hit Command-Space to bring LaunchBar’s input window to front, enter an arbitrary abbreviation, and as soon as you start typing LaunchBar displays the best matching choices, ready to be opened immediately.
Start applications, open documents, invoke system services, compose emails, or navigate the Web–LaunchBar will be your essential servant.
- LaunchBar now includes a new Action Editor, making it easier than ever to create incredible actions. Start developing with script templates, configure your action's runtime behavior, manage localizations and more. Find a detailed feature list below.
- "New Folder with Selection" action for multiple selections. The action can be triggered via Shortcut (Control-Command-N) and it's also accessible via Send-To.
- Shared Snippets: You can now select one or more additional snippets folders. Especially useful when synced via cloud services to share certain snippets with other computers, co-workers or friends.
- Currency symbols are ignored during calculations.
- Instant Calculate: Sending a single number to Calculator now selects the entire number, which makes it easier to apply functions like sin(), sqrt(), etc.
- Improved detection of plain text files.
- Info Browsing can now also be triggered with Shift-Right if there are currently no staged items.
- iCloud documents are now opened with the default application.
- Improved list of an application's recent documents.
- Fixed unreliable music playback with iTunes 12 when shuffle mode is active.
- Fixed an issue causing "Search Dash" action to crash on OS X Mavericks.
- Get an overview of all your installed actions
- Several filter options: Built-in Actions, Custom Actions, My Actions, Recently Modified
- Search for actions with certain properties.
- Share actions via E-Mail, Messages, AirDrop
- Create new or modify existing actions
- Easily create new actions from scratch or duplicate existing actions for customization.
- Configure action properties, runtime behavior, and more. Values are pre-filled where possible.
- Configure and modify action scripts with various scripting languages.
- Easily add or remove Suggestions Scripts and Action URL scripts.
- Configure script properties.
- Open scripts in default editor for editing.
- Manage action resources
- Add, rename or delete resources.
- Set image as action icon.
- Manage localization
- Add or remove localizations.
- Manage localizable strings.
- Other Features
- Drag-and-Drop support for scripts, resources, action icon and more.
- Easily open existing actions in Action Editor
- From LaunchBar's indexing window.
- Via shortcut (Option-Command-E).
- By sending the action via Send-To.
- Preferences to configure reused information like preferred script type, own bundle identifier prefix, contact information.
OS X 10.9 or later