- Timeline – The integrated smart timeline allows you to drag and edit animation durations and keyframes. Snap animation start and end times together for a precise, hand-tuned feel.
- Inspector – A robust and powerful object inspector allows you to edit all of your layers’ properties in just a few clicks. Set colors, ajust animation curves, add CoreImage filters – all at the click of a mouse.
- Library – Drag-and-drop layers and animations from the library to build your interface visually. Save reuseable layer hierarchies into your library for easy component reuse.
- Design on Mac, View on iOS – Are you ready to get a sense of how your designs feel on an actual iOS device? Download the native companion app, Kite Compositor for iOS.
- Import from Sketch – Easily import your designs from Sketch with Kite’s native import feature. Preserve editable bezier paths and text by importing your Sketch layers as native Kite layers.
- Export – Share your designs by exporting a movie or gif recording of your animation.
- Built on CoreAnimation – Kite was built from the ground up for Mac using macOS’s native CoreAnimation technology. CoreAnimation is one of the key underpinning graphics technologies on Mac and iOS that produces stunning animations at high framerates.
- The layer list ordering now matches other apps like Sketch, Photoshop, and Acorn; the layers at the top of the list are the ones on the top of the canvas
- Pressing the spacebar will play / pause the timeline playback
- Panning the canvas now uses the ‘C’ shortcut key instead of the spacebar
- The trial period to evaluate the app has increased to 21 days allowing you more time to discover all of the powerful features available to you
- You can now navigate the Layer List pane with Sketch-like keyboard shortcuts (Tab, Return, Escape)
- You can now center a layer’s anchor point with one action by clicking Selection > Align > Center Anchor Point or by using the new toolbar button
- You can now specify the scale at which you want to import images from Sketch; it defaults to the scale of the screen where Kite is running
- The alignment menu now shows helpful icons for each operation available
- Fixes a bug in the iOS viewer app where those in countries that use the comma (,) for decimal seperation would not see some transform animations play correctly (Update on iOS App Store)
- The Animation and Action picker popovers in the Action Inspector no longer shift when adding new elements to the list
- Fixes an issue that allowed you to delete ‘0 items’ while in the asset inspector
- Fixes a bug where a layer being dragged during a presentation would have its .actions property stripped for the duration of the drag
- Fixes a bug where a layer being dragged during a presentation would not always receive a ‘mouseUp’ event at the end of the drag
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor