HandBrake is a tool for converting video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs.
- Supported Sources
- VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD (unencrypted — CSS is not supported internally and must be handled externally with third-party software and libraries), BDMV folder (unencrypted), and some .VOB and .TS files
- Any multimedia file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode.
- File format: MP4 and MKV
- Video: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264 or Theora (1 or 2 passes or constant quantizer/rate encoding)
- Audio: AAC, HE-AAC, AC3, MP3, Vorbis, FLAC (16-bit, 24-bit) or AAC, MP3, AC3, DTS and DTS-HD pass-through (supports encoding of several audio tracks)
- Miscellaneous features
- Chapter selection
- Soft subtitle support (DVD/VobSub in DVD/MKV/MP4, Blu-ray/PGS in BD/MKV, SRT files, SRT/UTF-8 in MKV, ASS/SSA in MKV, TX3G/3GPP in MP4 – DVD/VobSub, Blu-ray/PGS and ASS/SSA subtitles can also be burned-in the picture)
- Picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling
- Grayscale encoding
- KeyCue is now distributed as an Apple-notarized application.
- Custom menu entries can now be added to specific submenus.
- Fixes an invisible diagnostic field in the Settings window in dark mode.
- Removes a confusing reference to an older version in the "New in KeyCue" window.
- The KeyCue menu bar icon now uses the correct accent color when clicked.
- The info line in contact mail contains information about the system language and dark mode.
- Improved support for update checks in intermediate beta versions.
- Internal improvements of the Keyboard Maestro interface.
- Adds flag of the United Nations to the Emoji table.
- Cleaned up unused 32-bit code in the built-in installer.
- Troubleshooting function for resolving certain support cases.
- Improved internal caching of shortcuts.
- The URLs in the pre-installed URL collection now use secure connections to our server.
- Improved calculation of Emoji metrics.
- Improved visibility of the menu scanning progress in Dark Mode.
- The menu bar icon's pull-down menu now has the correct appearance in Dark Mode.
- Fixes a problem where the horizontal spacing of emoji symbols was too wide.
- Works around a problem with temporary folders that caused installations and updates to fail in certain circumstances.
- Works around a potential freeze in Luminar.
OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor