Keep It is for writing notes, saving web links, storing documents, and finding them again. Available on Mac, and as a separate app for iPhone and iPad, changes are automatically made available across all your devices with iCloud. Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
- Create, edit, view and save:
- Notes with styles, checklists and attachments that look good and read well on all your devices
- Web links with live previews, or saved as PDFs for offline viewing
- Rich and plain text files, and Markdown documents
- Add any other kind of file, and see previews for most images, documents, web pages, and more
- See summaries and thumbnails in the list for most files
- Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately
- Share items with iCloud
- Folders let you organise things hierarchically – select a folder to see everything it and its subfolders contain
- Use bundles to gather items into one place – items can be in more than one bundle at a time
- Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition
- Add searchable tags and comments
- Make items favorites and drag lists to the Favorites Bar for quick access
- Search and Filter:
- Search everything in Keep It: names, tags, file contents, dates, kinds and more
- Choose suggestions as you search to create complex searches with ease
- Use keywords and natural language for dates while searching
- Save searches for later reuse
- Use the Tag Filter to see all items with a tag and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further
- Use Keep It with other apps:
- Compact Mode reduces the app to a single column, ideal for using alongside other apps
- Drag pretty much anything to Keep It
- Copy clickable links to items in Keep It
- Share extension can add links, text, images and other files, and append text to notes from within other apps
- Save files to Keep It’s folders to automatically add them to the library
- Use a bookmarklet to add links from web browsers that don’t use Share extensions
- Added a "Save for offline" option to the import view for when adding a web link (e.g. via a bookmarklet).
- Added the ability to share items and folders publicly.
- When saving an existing web link that is not a web page (e.g. a PDF), a better name is now generated.
- Fixed an issue where changing tags on an item would not immediately update the tags shown in the list view.
- Fixed an issue where the icon in the tags line in list view could disappear when an item has a lot of tags.
- Fixed an issue showing file info for an item in the list when the row is not on screen.
- Fixed an issue editing or removing the Any Text rule of an existing saved search.
- Fixed an issue where nested saved searches could appear in the destination pop-ups of the Share extension or Import View.
- Fixed an issue where choosing a tag in the Add Tags popover wouldn’t always remove it from the list of available tags.
- Fixed an issue where the Share extension might not finish saving.
- Fixed an issue where a phantom "Preparing to index items" activity could sometimes be shown after startup.
- Possible performance improvements when there are a lot of tags in a library.
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor