Kaleidoscope spots differences in text and image files.
- Single window workflow: One tab per comparison
- Compare two+ files: Add any number of files per tab
- Always up to date: Auto-refreshes when files change
- File Shelf: Quickly go from file to file
- Path Bar: See where your files are
- Keyboard shortcuts: Every action has a shortcut
- Text Scope
- Supports any text file: Plain text, source code, HTML, etc.
- Clear comparisons
- Three layouts: Blocks, Fluid & Unified
- Compare documents: Imports text from .doc and .rtf files
- Instant search
- Change Stepper: Quickly jump from change to change
- Highlights: Added, deleted and changed text
- Image Scope
- All popular image file formats: JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD and more.
- Four connected layouts: Two-Up, One-Up, Split & Difference
- Comprehensive image support: RGB/CMYK/LAB, alpha, any size.
- Multi-touch support: Smooth scrolling and pinch to zoom
- Customizable environment: Change background color, difference mask and checkerboard settings
- Two difference mask modes: Spot absolute or relative changes
- Git, Mercurial, SVN & Bazaar: Integrate with a couple of clicks
- TextMate SVN
- ksdiff Command-line tool: Integrate with practically anything
- Tweaked the visual appearance of the change count stepper in Text Scope.
- Fixed the "Reset Selection" menu item in Text Scope to enable and disable properly.
- The Save menu is now properly disabled when comparing text snippets.
- Fixed a bug where the summary text in document titles and tabs might not properly update.
- The Resolved document in Three Way Blocks now has better alignment with similar content in A and B.
- Kaleidoscope can now properly diff .textClipping documents.
- User-defined system date formats will now be properly used.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Folder Scope from having the correct keyboard focus by default.
- Kaleidoscope now handles different color spaces more reliably in Image Scope.
- Kaleidoscope now properly accounts for camera orientation when displaying images in Image Scope.
- Improved keyboard navigation in changesets.
- Unsaved files will now be properly marked as dirty in changesets.
- Changesets now properly select the list of files on the left when opening, allowing you to quickly review changes.
- Direct Sale fulfillment emails will now properly activate Kaleidoscope for users with diacritics in their names.
- Kaleidoscope will no longer move itself to ~/Applications if that folder exists. It will now move to /Applications in all cases.
- Fixed a bug that caused temporary licenses to expire one day earlier than they should have.
- Fixed a bug that caused the corner radii of windows in Full Screen to not match.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes led to poor vertical alignment in the File Shelf.
- Dragging files to Kaleidoscope will properly open to a comparison document and will no longer leave the launch window open in the background.
- Fixed a bug that caused accessing files from the Recents list to sometimes stop working.
- Improved the messaging if Kaleidoscope is unable to open a document that was previously available via AFP.
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7.3 or later