Jettison automatically ejects external disks from your Mac before your computer goes to sleep.
Simplify those last few seconds when you grab your MacBook and run out the door. Just close the lid and Jettison will automatically eject your backup drive, iPod, or whatever is connected so you can safely unplug it. Say goodbye to “disk was not ejected properly” errors and waking your computer back up because you forgot to eject everything.
Jettison even makes sure that Time Machine backups and file server volumes are properly shut down before they’re removed. Your backups and shared files are safe and sound.
And what if you decide not to leave, and open your MacBook back up? Jettison will check to see if your drives are still connected and will mount them back on the Desktop if they’re there.
- When the machine 'dark wakes' for Power Nap or network activity, Jettison prevents the mounting of all disks except Time Machine backup drives. This prevents spurious "disk ejected improperly" errors
- Jettison's error window can no longer be hidden behind application windows in Full Screen mode. This eliminates a situation that caused items in Jettison's menu to be grayed out
- Fixed a problem that could cause a valid serial number to fail when pasted into the license window without hyphens in the number
- If you upgraded from an existing Mac App Store license, Jettison now correctly shows that in its About box.
- Corrected some French localization errors.
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor