iTrash is an uninstall utility that uses a special search algorithm (Levenshtein Distance algorithm) to find all related files and deletes them when asked.
Applications distribute several files throughout your system storage devices. Deleting an application itself is mostly not enough and will leave several files untouched.
- Simple drag-and-drop
- Enabled ‘Put Back’ feature in trash (OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard only)
- QuickLook support (OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard only)
- Ghost Mode : Background mode. Drop something into the trash and iTrash pops up. Works on all available volumes.
- Expert mode : To find even more possible related files.
- Application lister : shows all installed applications on all volumes (not just the Applications Folder)
- Finds visible and hidden files.
- Also removes Widgets and PrefPanes.
- Scans inside folders for applications.
- Protect default applications.
- Protect custom applications and folders.
- Protect related applications files (.plist, application support, …)
- Sparkplug to keep up-to-date.
- Does not need Spotlight to be enabled.
- Localized: English, Dutch, Polish, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Slovak, Turkish, Persian and French.
- Highly improved searching for macOS 10.12.x
- Added unique new feature 'Search for LaunchDaemons and LaunchAgents’ in the AppLister window.
- Can now remove related .apps and associated files of found LaunchDaemons and LaunchAgents.
- Added ID-Touch capablility when removing files that needs admin rights.
- Now also search in the KeyChain for related items.
- Improved Ghost Mode.
- Fixed issue when the new Sierra Auto Tab mode is enabled in macOS 10.12
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor