InstaDesk is an Instagram client for the Mac.
InstaDesk lets you not only browse your or your friends Instagram pictures, but easily explore the social graph and find new people to follow.
*Uploading images is forbidden by Instagram which allows only uploads from mobile devices.*
Instead, with InstaDesk you can browse beautiful pictures, newest uploads of your friends, or interesting people to follow. Furthermore, you can comment on pictures, like them, download them, or watch them in slideshows.
- Find new people to follow
- View your Friend Feed, Popular Tags, Popular Pictures
- Comment on pictures or like pictures
- Save beautiful pictures in albums
- See when you get new comments or likes
- Follow / unfollow people
- View pictures in slideshows
- Download images
- Sadly, NO uploading due to Instagram policies
- Support for the new OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion sharing system.
- The detail view features a reload action now which allows to reload all the comments in the comment list.
- Picture Sync enhancements: There's a new 'Sync Now' button, which triggers sync right away.
- Picture Sync enhancements: There's a new progress indicator that lists how long it takes until all pictures are synced.
- Picture sync enhancements: Instagram now also syncs the picture published date. So the file creation date on the harddisk is equal to the date when the image was taken / posted to Instagram.
- The 'Follow' list now displays a small yellow icon in the bottom left that indicates if the user in question is following you back.
- Under OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, clicking a news notification will also remove it from the News section.
- InstaDesk now notifies the user when the Instagram feed needs to be reset with the iPhone (until Instagram fixes this issue).
- Change the slideshow icons to be retina compatible
- The login sheet now sports a 'cancel' button so that InstaDesk can be quit if the network doesn't work.
- If the user is scrolling in the feed, i.e. if the user is not in the most recent area of feed items, the auto reload will not trigger in order to prevent the scenario where the feed would reload again when the user was just half way through it, requiring her to scroll all the way down again.
- The menu icon has been adopted again to display more detail in retina mode.
- Added a 'Why no uploads' help entry in the menu to make it easier for people to understand that the lack of file uploads is not InstaDesk's fault.
- Added support for the 'Page Up' and 'Page Down' keys to scroll the feed and icon views.
- Made the like and comment icons in the icon hover view more beautiful.
- Enhanced the detail view comment loading process so that it should happen far less that InstaDesk doesn't load all comments (i.e. only 5 even though there're 120). Please note that everything beyond 199 is cut by Instagram. If an image has more than 199 comments, InstaDesk can't display all comments since Instagram doesn't serve this data.
- Fixed a bug in Picture Sync that caused it to not work in sandboxed environments (OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion).
- The start at login setting now also works in sandboxed environments (i.e. OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion). Due to sandboxed limitations, the app doesn't start right away but around 20 seconds after startup.
- Many Favourite Friends fixes: Newly added Favourite Friends now appear in the list right away.
- Fixed several race conditions where the Favourite Friends sync would crash InstaDesk.
- Fixed an issue where the Favourite Friend sync would cause the InstaDesk window to not update anymore.
- Favourite Friends requires less Instagram requests now especially when the Favourite Friend has many pictures.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes selecting multiple images (for liking, or adding to an album) didn't work correctly.
- Fixed several bugs that could crash InstaDesk when the user scrolled through comments.
- Fixed an issue where when posting a new comment it would not be displayed afterwards until opening the image again.
- Fixed a bug where when InstaDesk was hidden, it would suddenly appear again.
- Disabled the Like & Follow buttons in the follower table view for the current user (since it is impossible anyway to follow yourself).
- Fixed a bug in the News system where it wouldn't work correctly under OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion in certain corner cases.
- Fixed an issue, where the detail view would sometimes display the current user's name and 'You' as likers of an image.
- Fixed several Core Animation related issues that could cause freezes or crashes in certain environments.
OS X 10.6 or later