iMazing (was DiskAid) is the ultimate iOS device manager with capabilities far beyond what iTunes offers. With iMazing and your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod), you can:
- Copy music to and from any iOS device (even from one iOS device to another!), regardless of what Mac or PC the device is already synced to. Music transfer done right, without limitations or restrictions.
- Backup and restore individual iOS apps along with your custom saved data, perfect for freeing up space on your iOS device without losing your files, great for installing apps including your data on another iOS device you own.
- Transfer files to and from an iOS device, and browse the iOS file system.
- Use your iOS device like a USB key.
- Browse and save messages (SMS, MMS, iMessage), voicemails, and call logs, none of which iTunes can do.
- Browse, save, and add contacts to your iPhone, without automatically adding them to your iCloud account.
- Browse and manage multiple backups of the same iOS device. Chose which data sets you want to restore.
- And other amazing things you never thought possible!
- General: iOS 9.3 compatibility
- Localization: added Arabic translations
- Accessibility: complete review of UI compatibility with screen readers, on both Windows and Mac
- Device Management: added new function "Erase All Content" to the contextual menu of devices listed in the sidebar
- Device Management: added detailed battery info to device advanced info window ("Get Info" button)
- License Management: added "Retrieve Activation Number" option to the License main menu
- Music: added "Only show transferrable media" checkbox
- Music: added "Purchases" and "Apple Music" smart views
- Music: the device music library view now also reports wether a track is a purchase or an Apple Music track, and wether it is locally available on the device
- Backups: it is no longer necessary to connect a device in order to extract data from an encrypted backup
- Backup Browser: extracting data from encrypted backups is now much faster
- Backup Browser: current backups for devices listed in the sidebar now appear in bold
- Backup Browser: much improved browsing speed
- Backup Browser: added "Apps" section to mounted backups
- Backup Browser: extract apps from backups as .imazingapp files
- Backup Browser: add apps (.imazingapp files) to backups
- Backup Browser: remove apps from backups
- Backup Browser: remove entire domains from backups
- Backup Browser: encrypted backups are not readonly anymore
- File Browser: access application shared containers directly from the Apps view
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed a rare crash in iMazing 1.5.0 when connecting an iPad
- Fixed a crash in iMazing 1.5.0 on OS X 10.9 and previous versions
- Fixed a bug in iMazing 1.5.0 preventing the user from enabling the option "Enable backup encryption"
- Backups: fixed reset of backup location when current backup location points to inaccessible location
- Backups: fixed UI glitch when backing up a device on which a backup password has been set, but no local backup has been found
- General: added a warning when exporting to a FAT32 formatted drive
- General: fixed a rare issue where iMazing would freeze when quitting
- Music: playlist tracks exported to iTunes now only create an iTunes playlist if all tracks of the playlist are selected: iMazing does not create partial playlists anymore.
- Music: ringtones synched with iTunes no longer need to be resynched after copying music to a device
- Videos: improved parsing of videos’ metadata
- Videos: fixed issue where videos copied to the Videos app would appear to have a duration of 0 seconds
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor