IINA is the modern video player for macOS.
- For and only for modern macOS – IINA is born to be a modern macOS application, from its framework to its user interface. It adopts the post-Yosemite design language, and keeps up the pace of new technologies such as Force Touch and Touch Bar.
- Revolutionary user experience – IINA simplifies a lot of user interactions. In addition to traditional cascaded menus, it provides interactive UI components and gestures to give you intuitive, flexible, powerful control of the playback.
- Powerful functionality – Based on MPV, one of the most powerful media player projects ever, IINA supports almost all common media types (even GIF) and stably outputs high-quality video that is optimized for Retina screen. MPV’s config file and script system are also integrated.
- You are the target-user – IINA is made by a user like you, who (may be) also having been expected for a powerful and elegant media player on macOS for years. Whether you just got your first Mac or are already a professional MPV user, IINA will satisfy you for its customizability and expandability.
Note:IINA is a free open source software. You can download in the official website.
- Added a window showing highlights in the current release
- Added an icon in the title bar to indicate ontop status
- Added “hardware decoding” and “deinterlace” switches in the sidebar
- IINA now shows a preview after screenshot
- Added an option to force dedicated GPU (#2982, #2919)
- The Touch Bar item “remaining time” can show either remaining time or total duration (#1312)
- Updated appearance of the main window when the video is playing in pip mode (#2980)
- Added “toggle pip mode” as a mouse action (#2350)
- Shows music metadata in the playlist (#2979)
- Added tooltips to playlist entries and chapters (#3001)
- Supports “custom” crop size in the main menu (#3019)
- Supports displaying more precise time and duration in the control bar
- The current filename is displayed aside time and battery info in full screen
- Fixed an issue where the main window shows black screen after entering pip mode when the video track is an album art
- Fixed an issue that some shortcuts are not useable in the Playback History window
- Fixed a UI issue where the “Aspect Ratio” label is misplaced in the quick setting - video tab, if there are more - than three video tracks (#3020)
- Fixed PlaylistLoop button state not updating with the menu item (#2973)
- Fixed a bug where the thumbnails do not respect the video rotation (#3015, #2817, #2442)
- Remember pause/playing state before entering interactive mode (#2887)
- Prevent “Additional mpv options” table from showing multiple lines
- The volume icon now changes with the volume to indicate the magnitude of the volume (#2930)
- Added tooltips for some icons (#2871)
- Changing the OSD size now makes the OSD subtitle change as well (#2986)
- Show “Enable advanced settings” as a switch for macOS 10.15+
- Show volume popover when scrolling to adjust the volume in the mini-player (#2999, #2191)
- Add “.aif” to the supported extension list (#2895)
- Improve performance when taking screenshots
- No longer shows a fatal error when trying to create an existing screenshot (#3032)
- Updated mpv and youtube-dl
- Updated FFmpeg from 4.2.2 to 4.3.1; add support for dav1d decoder (#3079, #2740, #2223)
- Updated the icons in the on-screen controller
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor