IINA is the modern video player for macOS.
- For and only for modern macOS – IINA is born to be a modern macOS application, from its framework to its user interface. It adopts the post-Yosemite design language, and keeps up the pace of new technologies such as Force Touch and Touch Bar.
- Revolutionary user experience – IINA simplifies a lot of user interactions. In addition to traditional cascaded menus, it provides interactive UI components and gestures to give you intuitive, flexible, powerful control of the playback.
- Powerful functionality – Based on MPV, one of the most powerful media player projects ever, IINA supports almost all common media types (even GIF) and stably outputs high-quality video that is optimized for Retina screen. MPV’s config file and script system are also integrated.
- You are the target-user – IINA is made by a user like you, who (may be) also having been expected for a powerful and elegant media player on macOS for years. Whether you just got your first Mac or are already a professional MPV user, IINA will satisfy you for its customizability and expandability.
Note:IINA is a free open source software. You can download in the official website.
- Thumbnail Preview
- Thumbnail preview - IINA will show the thumbnail for time when you hover the progress slider
- It's available for Touch Bar too, just like QuickTime's - The thumbnails will be cached for performance, and you can clear them in Preferences; this feature can also be turned off completely
- Multiple Window Support
- Multiple window support - Now IINA will open videos in new windows by default; pressing Option (⌥) when using Open (⌘O) or Open URL (⇧⌘O) to open videos in currrent window
- Drag-and-drop of playlist items accrossing windows
- Welcome window - We added a welcome window at launch to avoid confusing new users; if you don't like it, you can switch back to "show open panel" or "do nothing" in Preferences easily; you can also make it default to open new videos in current window in Preferences
- Thumbnail Preview
- Hardware decoding doesn't work properly with video filters (flip, crop, etc); now IINA will give you possible suggestions when you try to apply a video filter
- Improved the animation when entering full screen
- Made the open panel being able to add multiple files to playlist at once
- Improved precision when auto matching subtitles
- Set the default max volume to 100
- Correct URL handing in playback history
- Improved the appearance of Touch Bar slider
- Improved grammatical stuff and wording
- Added associations of more file types
- New localization: Spanish and Ukrainian
- Other minor changes
- Fixed subtitle encoding not working
- Fixed distorted album cover when playing music
- Fixed minimized window showing up when auto playing next media
- Fixed some logic when auto adding files into playlist
- Fixed some crashes and improved stability
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor