IINA is the modern video player for macOS.
- For and only for modern macOS – IINA is born to be a modern macOS application, from its framework to user interface. It adopts the post-Yosemite design language and keeps up the pace of new technologies like Force Touch and Touch Bar.
- Revolutionary user experience – IINA simplified a lot of user interactions. In addition of traditional cascaded menus, it prefer using interactive UI components and gestures to give you intuitive, flexible and powerful control of the playback.
- Powerful functionality – Based on MPV, one of the most powerful media player projects ever, IINA supports almost all common media types (even GIF) and stably output high-quality video that optimized for retina screen. MPV’s config file and script system are also integrated.
- You are the target user – IINA is made by a user like you, who (may be) also having been expected for a powerful and elegant media player on macOS for years. Whether you just got your first Mac or are already a professional MPV user, IINA will satisfy you for its customizability and expandability.
Note:IINA is a free open source software, you can go to the official website to download.
- Playback History
- Unlimited playback history (Shift+Cmd+H)
- Group by date or media folder
- Added an option to show all played files in "Open Recent" menu
- Touch Bar Enhancement
- Redesigned Touch Bar slider
- Able to show remaining time in Touch Bar
- Play/pause button in Touch Bar not refreshing
- UI glitches when dragging Touch Bar slider
- mpv's auto_load.lua has caused various problems. We used our own logic starting from 0.0.10.
- Fix incorrect behaviors of auto loading
- Sort playlist items by natural order
- Able to adjust playlist panel width
- Fold same prefixes in filenames automatically
- Able to assign subtitles to playlist items (like Movist)
- Able to set subtitle search path, supporting wildcards
- Match subtitles automatically and intelligently for all playlist items
- All subtitles found in search paths are available for quick switching in side panel
- Added a button for searching online subtitles in side panel
- Made the App fully localizable
- Added missing localization for almost all languages
- Added Turkish and Russian
- Able to remember position of on screen controller (OSC)
- Supporting drag-and-dropping urls into dock icon
- Improved the appearance of about window
- Added OSD for empty tracks
- Added support for dv file
- Other unlisted impeovements
- Bug fixes
- Support for uppercased key code
- Number formatting problems in side bar
- Open file panel not responding when cannot load external subtitles
- Pinch gesture available in full screen
- Other bug fixes
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor