HoudahGeo is a one-stop photo geocoding solution for OS X. Export geotags to EXIF, XMP and IPTC. GPS device optional.
HoudahGeo helps you remember where you took your photos! Just like a GPS-enabled camera, HoudahGeo records latitude, longitude, and altitude information right to your image data file. Don’t have a GPS device? No problem! Just drop a pin on the map where you took your photo and HoudahGeo will tag it with the correct location. Get all the benefits of a GPS-enabled camera without spending hundreds of dollars with HoudahGeo.
HoudahGeo caters to two very different needs:
- Geotagging for archival purposes using EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags
- Geocoding for publishing to Google Earth, Flickr, EveryTrail, Evernote or locr
HoudahGeo works best in conjunction with a GPS track logging device or smartphone app. HoudahGeo connects directly to many brands and models of GPS track loggers. It also reads GPX, NMEA, LOG, TES, … and TCX files created by third party software.
- Enhancement: Improved search capabilities in the geocoding map
- Bug fix: Fixes a bug where map markers would not show on Retina Macs
- OS X 10.6 or later
- A digital camera: point and shoot, DSLR, camera phone, etc.
- Optional: GPS track logger
- Optional: iPhone or other GPS-enabled camera
- Optional: iPhone or Android phone running the gps4cam app