CADtools is a complete technical illustration solution for Adobe Illustrator CS5, CS6, CC, and CC 2017. CADtools allows users to draw, edit, and dimension objects in scale within Illustrator, with 11 panels and 81 drawing, editing, dimensioning, construction, and labeling tools. The CADtools plug-in mimics Illustrator’s tool behavior for designers seeking a creative, easy-to-use alternative to complex CAD applications.
CADtools 11 unveils new productivity power with new features that simplify tasks and save time. The spectacular Universal Dimension tool pulls out horizontal, vertical, and axonometric lines, circles, and labels without changing tools. The Bézier Length Dimension tool measures complex paths and arcs. In Illustrator’s Select menu, new choices quickly select CADtools dimensions, labels, or attached artwork. Smart keyboard input while dragging (supported in Illustrator CS6 or later) provides instant editing of dimensions, labels, doors and windows, polygons, and rounded rectangles. The new CADrepeat panel offers the duplication of objects in a linear, grid, or radial path. Compact fractions, filled label shapes, and dimension line extension options present the beauty in details celebrated with CADtools.
- Instantly reference help with in-app, context-sensitive user guide and 1-minute video tutorials
- View cursor tips that prompt how to use tools
- Access hundreds of editable symbols for architecture, people, and landscape that automatically scale to the target layer
- Organize CADtools tools and panels in one location with CADdashboard
- Easily access tool settings with improvements in the CADcontrol bar
- Add scale markers to maps and other designs with the Scale Line tool
- Repeat objects with precision with Repeat and Repeat Along Path tools
- Create precision signage using the Scaled Type tool
- Click-drag grids in a snap
- Click-drag waves or create them numerically
- Transform objects independently on their own axes in CADtracker
- Add company logos to CADtools title blocks
- Select new units for extremely small and large scales
OS X 10.5.8 or later