Home Inventory makes keeping an up-to-date catalog of your possessions simple and fast so you can stay organized and always prepared. Called “Quick and easy to use” by the New York Times and “Spectacularly user-friendly” by Mac Format.
Document and organize everything that’s important to you with ease, speed, and accuracy using Home Inventory. Build a complete catalog of your valuables and store important details about your items such as make, model, serial number, purchase price, value, and much more.
Get rid of the clutter. Stay organized and store unlimited photos, receipts, product manuals, warranties, and dated notes all in one place.
If you have an iPhone or camera enabled iPad or iPod Touch, you can use the free helper app, Home Inventory Photo Remote, to wander your home and build out your inventory. The app includes a built-in barcode scanner to quickly add books, CDs, DVDs and other items with barcodes to your inventory.
Stay on top of your home’s upkeep with a maintenance schedule of routine tasks such as cleaning the gutters and aerating the lawn. If you are running OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later, you can add tasks to Calendar and Reminders.
Find out if you are adequately insured. With our built-in coverage analysis report you will know if you are over-insured, under-insured, or if your coverage is just right.
Take your inventory with you on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with out free helper app, Home Inventory Mobile Backup.
Other noteworthy features
- Use your scanner to add photos and receipts
- Customizable fields and field layouts
- Built-in currency conversion
- Multiple currency support
- Robust and flexible reporting options
- Password protection
- Import and export CSV data
- Track property assessments
- Warranty expiration tracking
- Property insurance coverage alerts
- Track and value collections
- Keep multiple inventories
- Support for Retina displays
- Full-screen support
- Sandboxed app for increased security
- The new Home Inventory Inbox makes maintaining your inventory a snap. Use the free print plugin (download instructions are in the app) to add digital receipts to the Inbox as you make your purchases without having to open Home Inventory. When you're ready to add your purchases to your inventory, the Inbox's streamlined interface makes it easy to quickly add new items associated with the receipts in your inbox all from within a single view.
- A badge next to the Inbox button tells you how many receipts are waiting in your Inbox.
- In addition to creating new items from receipts in the Inbox, you can also add a receipt from the Inbox to an existing item through the Item view Receipts section.
- Add file attachments from the Inbox to existing items through the Item View Files section.
- You can also drag and drop files straight into the Inbox view without going through the print plugin.
- Support for the new Photo Entry mode in Home Inventory Remote Entry for quickly entering items with just a photo and a name in rapid succession. Tutorial video at https://youtu.be/cN7vx0a7uIY.
- You can now add new categories, collections, conditions, and locations straight from the add/edit item panel.
- A new item list sort option, Sort By Completion, lets you sort items based on how complete the information is for each item (an item is considered complete if it has a price or value, at least one photo, at least one receipt, and a warranty).
- Item detail reports no longer include a photos section for items with only a single photo when the report is configured to show the main item photo in the basic item information section.
- The 'Begin each item on a new page' option is now un-checked by default when creating a new custom item detail report.
- Fixed a bug that can sometimes interfere with obtaining map directions in OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
- Fixed a bug where WiFi backups to Mobile Backup would occasionally fail with a timeout error.
- Fixed a bug where the Quick Help overlay appears too large on Retina displays.
- Fixed a bug where 'Year Built' field displayed a comma in the year when editing home stats.
- Fixed a bug where the correct item quantity was not being displayed for coverage categories that included items with quantities greater than 1.
- Fixed a bug in the coverage analysis report where a coverage category containing no items would show as covering one item for a value of $0.00.
- Minor visual bug fixes and tweaks.
OS X 10.7.4 or later, 64-bit processor