Hardware Monitor is an application to read out all available hardware sensors in Mac computers. The program can display and visualize measured values in a large variety of fashions. It can also store and export readings. The application Temperature Monitor is available for free, but is limited to accessing temperature sensors only. The application Hardware Monitor is commercial shareware, but can access additional sensors if your computer is equipped with them. This includes the following sensor types:
- Battery sensors on portable computers
- Voltage sensors
- Current (amperage) sensors
- Fan speed sensors
- Sensors for pulse-width controlled fans
- Power and load sensors
- Added support for the MacBook Pro 13-inch (Late 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3).
- Added support for the MacBook Pro 13-inch (Late 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3).
- Added support for the MacBook Pro 15-inch (Late 2016).
- Several changes in the user interface to achieve full compatibility with macOS Sierra.
- Relabeled drive bay sensor of the Mac mini (Mid 2010) for more clarity.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor