Gifox is a beautifully designed and masterfully crafted app that records your screen into animated GIF’s — the great compromise between static images and full-size videos. It’s your best companion for:
- Micro-screencasts and product demos
- Animated instructions and bug reporting
- Selective on-screen video capturing
- Most importantly… New! Red! Record! Button! Just like it should have been from the start!
- New selection aspect ratio control can automatically restore previous selection when selector gets open in area mode.
- Existing selection is preserved when switching from window to area mode.
- New shortcuts for moving and resizing selection, stopping recording and more! Check them out and adjust in preferences.
- Smoother and more stable selection experience with better anchor points and cursor handling. See if you feel the difference!
- Selection toolset is now available for window selection mode too! Yes!
- Smarter toolset alignment when it gets too close to screen edges or crosses them.
- Handsome app is already running message will appear when opening multiple Gifox instances.
- Improved preferences layout and animations.
- Selection origin displayed upside down y-coordinate.
- Extreme CPU usage when cancelling recording with all frame palette compression.
- Recorded GIFs appear badly garbled when using downscaling with palette for every frame compression.
- Marching ants selection is now correctly displayed across multiple screens.
- Crash when viewing quick help in selection toolset and preferences in OS X El Capitan.
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor