formZ is an award-winning general purpose solid and surface modeler with an extensive set of 2D/3D form manipulating and sculpting capabilities, many of which are unique. It is an effective design tool for architects, landscape architects, urban designers, engineers, animators and illustrators, industrial and interior designers, and all design fields that deal with the articulation of 3D spaces and forms. formZ is highly responsive to the needs of mature designers and, at the same time, novices can use it with ease.
- Installation on macOS 10.12 is now supported.
- .FMZ files in which the geometry section exceeds 2GB now save and open properly.
- Notes are created for DXF/DWG files that include text (rather than object text entities).
- DWG/DXF files with non-roman characters in the file name (kanji for example) can now be imported.
- formZ project files with non-roman characters in the file name can now be exported to DXF/DWG.
- Copy and paste of Groups no longer creates Duplicate objects inside and outside the group if you have Unlock Groups selected and pick the group from the Objects Palette.
- Opening .fmz files after they are created and saved the first time, on Windows systems with Metric regional settings, no longer causes the view to zoom.
- Radial bend on certain objects no longer crashes.
- Tapering a Cylinder so the face has zero area will no longer crash or hang.
- 2 source sweep now handles sweeping a circular filleted rectangle with circle.
- Components on a hidden layer no longer export to DXF/DWG even when Export visible is selected.
- Default Working Units no longer crashes when NO Project is open.
- Certain Japanese characters now generate proper 3D text on OS X.
- Scale tool now works properly on animation groups.
- Adding a custom reference plane via custom reference plane palette no longer crashes.
- Show extents of groups now works properly in shaded work display options.
- Short cut key for Hide Ghosted in the Shaded work now functions as expected.
- .OBJ export no longer crashes with textures that are not saved as RGB.
- Numeric entry now working properly on windows with the extrusion or Reshape tools (fixes a tool tip interference issue).
- Leaving formZ with the leader line text dialogue open will no longer cause formZ to crash on OS X when switching to other programs.
- Import dwg/dwg with Embed Components will no longer crashes.
- Load Texture dialogue no longer hangs when Thea and Maxwell plugins are both installed.
- Making changes to the Clipping planes palette while editing a clipping plane graphically no longer hangs.
- Export Image DWG now functions in file with a space character at the end of a layer name.
- Missing textures dialog no longer clears the undo stack.
- Opening certain formZ v6 model files with Symbols no longer crashes.
- Various stability and performance improvements.
OS X 10.7.5 or later, 64-bit processor