ForkLift is a powerful file manager and ferociously fast FTP client clothed in a clean and versatile UI that offers the combination of absolute simplicity and raw power expected from a well-executed Mac software.
ForkLift will connect to any remote server FTP, SFTP, Amazon S3, WebDAV, the SMB and AFP shares on your local network,- pretty much anything you can plug into or hook up to a Mac. ForkLift also carries a complete toolbox for managing your files, including Folder Synchronization, Batch Renaming, Archive handling, Application deleter, editing files over remote connections and many more. All these power features are packaged into a Finder-like, dual-pane interface that delivers superior workflow while remaining absolutely familiar to use, along with QuickLook, Spotlight search and all.
- ForkLift 2.5 requires OS X 10.7 Lion or later
- Completely re-built from scratch inside and out
- Disklets (you can mount a remote connection as a disk and access it from any app)
- List view, Column view, Icon view and Coverflow
- Transfer queue
- Handles almost any archive format: Rar, Zip, Tar, Gz and a dozen more
- Search and filter (now with RegExp support)
- Improved Sync
- Integrated favorite manager
- Advanced Multi-Rename
- Dual-pane view
- Folder Synchronization
- Amazon S3 support
- WebDAV support
- Remote edit and preview
- Growl support
- QuickLook local and remote files
- and much more to discover
One of MacUpdate’s favorite features is called “FXP.” It allows you to copy files from one remote FTP server to another, without first downloading it to your Mac and then uploading it to the destination server. As you can imagine, this direct connect ability can save a ton of time moving files between servers and making fast backups.
- Fixes an issue with recursive symlinks that could cause a crash.
- Fixes an issue that prevented creating new folders in Amazon S3 buckets with uppercase letters.
- Fixes an issue in workspaces that AFP/SMB passwords
- Fixes an issue with workspaces.
- Fixes a column-view issue that selecting column initiated an unwanted renaming.
- Fixes an issue with filanames beginning with spaces on FTP servers.
- Esc no longer exits fullscreen in column-view during renaming.
- The stop button is now visible in the droplet/synclet window.
- Numerous other fixes and improvements
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later