ForkLift is a powerful file manager and ferociously fast FTP client clothed in a clean and versatile UI that offers the combination of absolute simplicity and raw power expected from a well-executed Mac software.
ForkLift will connect to any remote server FTP, SFTP, Amazon S3, WebDAV, the SMB, NIS and AFP shares on your local network, or your Bluetooth mobile phone- pretty much anything you can plug into or hook up to a Mac. ForkLift also carries a complete toolbox for managing your files, including Folder Synchronization, Batch Renaming, Archive handling, Application deleter, editing files over remote connections and many more. All these power features are packaged into a Finder-like, dual-pane interface that delivers superior workflow while remaining absolutely familiar to use, along with QuickLook, Spotlight search and all.
- ForkLift 2.5 requires Mac OS X 10.7
- Completely re-built from scratch inside and out
- Disklets (you can mount a remote connection as a disk and access it from any app)
- List view, Column view, Icon view and Coverflow
- Transfer queue
- Handles almost any archive format: Rar, Zip, Tar, Gz and a dozen more
- Search and filter (now with RegExp support)
- Improved Sync
- Integrated favorite manager
- Advanced Multi-Rename
- Dual-pane view
- Folder Synchronization
- Amazon S3 support
- WebDAV support
- Remote edit and preview
- Growl support
- QuickLook local and remote files
- and much more to discover
One of MacUpdate’s favorite features is called “FXP.” It allows you to copy files from one remote FTP server to another, without first downloading it to your Mac and then uploading it to the destination server. As you can imagine, this direct connect ability can save a ton of time moving files between servers and making fast backups.
Version 2.5.1:Fixes and improvements:
- Added a “Rename” button to the toolbar.
- ForkLift now handles FTP url’s properly.
- Fixes the issue of zero length files not uploading to Amazon S3.
- Fixes a possible crash while extracting archives.
- Fixes a possible crash in disclosure view while generating preview.
- Fixes a drag and drop issue in column view.
- Fixes a possible crash when deleting applications.
- Fixes a possible crash when splitting files.
- Fixes an issue with “Apply to all” not taking effect.
- Fixed “Open with other” in getinfo window.
- Fixes an issue when copying files from a search result.
- Fixes a possible crash in the multi rename module (regexp mode)
- Added a workaround for the a Copy API bug of Lion on Fat32 filesystems.
- Fixed the file extension problem of recursive archives.
- You can now switch between views in single-pane mode using the TAB key.
- Numerous other fixes and improvements