Forecast Bar, powered by Forecast.io, offers hyper-accurate, hyper-local live weather and forecasts right in your menu bar. With beautiful background images matching current weather conditions and time of day, along with a simple and clean interface, you will find yourself checking the weather non-stop!
- Tapping on Forecast Bar opens up a gorgeous panel full of rich and relevant weather information, including:
- Current conditions, with current, feels like, high, and low temperatures, as well as relative humidity
- A succinct description of the weather for the next hour, and next 24 hours
- Rich, animated charts showing temperature and rain forecasts
- When rain is detected in the next hour, an animated chart showing rain intensity
- 5 day forecast, with high and low temperatures and weather conditions
- Stunning animated icons for each weather condition
- Full description of all local NWS severe weather alerts (U.S. only), including Notification Center support
- Tapping again on the forecast displays a rich, animated panel with additional information, including:
- Current wind conditions with an animated compass
- Dew point and humidity readings, with a “mugginess” animated gauge
- Pressure indicator with trend information
- Sunrise and sunset times for the day
- Visibility reading
- Other features:
- You can also tap on any day’s forecast to see a full 24 hour temperature and precipitation chart.
- Forecast Bar offers full support for light and dark menu bar modes, and carefully conserves your computer’s power.
- Forecast Bar automatically uses your location, or allows you to type in any location to get weather reports.
- New option to hide the 8 hour forecast chart in favor of a simpler daily summary like our iOS app (Preferences > Appearance > Show Today's Forecast As)
- Added ability to share severe weather alerts or view them in your browser
- Wind gusts are now shown throughout the app
- Better matched our menu bar font and icons to system colors
- Added ability to scroll daily forecasts on main panel
- Added Dew Point and Humidity as new options for custom summary
- View our other apps in Preferences > Other Apps
- Fix for wind direction arrows in detailed hourly forecasts
- Several fixes to ensure better reliability with iOS sync, as well as added a link to our FAQ
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor