FontExplorer X Pro is optimized for professional use; it’s the solution that gives you the power you need to manage all your fonts.
Now you can more easily manage, activate and organize your existing font collection as well as find and experiment with new fonts. Whether you’ve got a hard drive full of typefaces or a few cherished families, FontExplorer X Pro handles your font library quickly, efficiently and reliably. And when you’re ready to add to your collection, you can view thousands of classic designs and the latest releases from independent foundries using the integrated store.
FontExplorer X Pro features an enhanced user interface with a configurable toolbar, activation control, comprehensive font information at your fingertips, customizable font previews, back-up functionality and access to FontExplorer X Server. Used together, FontExplorer X Pro and FontExplorer X Server are your complete solution for organizing, exploring and buying fonts and managing font licenses.
- Some font cache files were not removed when cleaning the application font caches for Adobe InDesign
- FontExplorer X Pro sometimes showed a "Bug Discovered" message under Mac OS X 10.10.x when opening a dialog with a file selection list
- Following an update from Linotype FontExplorer X to FontExplorer X Pro the activation status of manually activated fonts may be lost and the fonts will need to be reactivated
- If older System Font Collections from previous OS version are available, FontExplorer X Pro may crash when performing operations with the System Font Collections under OS X 10.9. Workaround: delete the old System Font Collections from "/Users/[USERNAME]/Library/FontCollections"
- Adobe InCopy CS 6/CC/CC 2014
- The font "Replace" feature in the InCopy plug-in dialog was not working correctly
- Adobe Illustrator CS 6/CC/CC 2014
- When opening a JPEG file with Adobe Illustrator an "Exception in file" message was shown with "User Message : LibXml: Document not parsed successfully. Unknown error message"
- Adobe Illustrator would hang when attempting to activate a plug-in requested font from the FontExplorer X Pro Font Information dialog
- Adobe Photoshop CS 6/CC/CC 2014
- Adobe Photoshop crashed if the plug-in requested a font while FontExplorer X Pro was not running
Plug-Ins Known Issues
- Photoshop CS5-CC 2014: Fonts in layered TIFF files are not activated by the plugin. Activation occurs correctly when converted to a PSD file
- Missing fonts are not detected in Illustrator PDF files and no font request occurs
- No font request occurs on EPS documents with non-embedded fonts
FontExplorer X Server Users and Administrators Known Issues
- Imported LDAP users are not shown in Account Management and status shows "not imported" if before completing the import process a source list item is selected, the changes in the LDAP panel saved, then return to the LDAP panel and complete the import process
- If a nested LDAP Security Group name contains special characters such as *, /, ( or ) then the users inside the nested group are not shown
- The Preview feature for non-downloaded server fonts does not support previewing of Mac or Windows PostScript fonts. A message indicates that these fonts types need to be downloaded in order to preview
OS X 10.6 or later