FontExplorer X Pro is optimized for professional use; it’s the solution that gives you the power you need to manage all your fonts.
Now you can more easily manage, activate and organize your existing font collection as well as find and experiment with new fonts. Whether you’ve got a hard drive full of typefaces or a few cherished families, FontExplorer X Pro handles your font library quickly, efficiently and reliably. And when you’re ready to add to your collection, you can view thousands of classic designs and the latest releases from independent foundries using the integrated store.
FontExplorer X Pro features an enhanced user interface with a configurable toolbar, activation control, comprehensive font information at your fingertips, customizable font previews, back-up functionality and access to FontExplorer X Server. Used together, FontExplorer X Pro and FontExplorer X Server are your complete solution for organizing, exploring and buying fonts and managing font licenses.
New Features and Improvements:
- Web font support – Import, preview and organize Web fonts, including WOFF (Web Open Font Format) and EOT (Embedded OpenType) fonts in your local library. WOFF and EOT fonts are currently not supported by the FontExplorer X Server
- Web Preview – Experiment on any website with new colors, line spacing and ANY font from your FontExplorer X Pro library – all without changing the code
- Slideshow feature – The redesigned slideshow makes it even easier to try selected fonts in your designs by simply overlaying type upon your documents
- Mini View – A convenient Mini View option condenses FontExplorer X Pro into a compact window while still providing access to your complete font library
- The main Preview can be configured to show when a set of pre-defined, common OpenType features are available in a Font and also to provide a preview of those features
- View all of the available OpenType features a Font contains in the Font Information "Detailed Preview" panel. Features can be turned on and off for comparison
- Improved Font Preview with options for single line, multi-line or waterfall view. Text can be customized in the preview preferences
- Share Font Previews – Share inspiring font previews with friends and colleagues via e-mail, Message, Air Drop, Twitter, Facebook and Flickr (OS 10.8 or higher)
- Quick Look fonts directly from your font list (WOFF and EOT fonts are not supported)
- Added support in smart sets and the Font Information dialog for the language Maori
- When installing FontExplorer X Pro for the first time, a "native language" smart set will automatically be created. This smart set contains all fonts which support the character set required by the language of your OS
- Enhanced smart sets – New filters include: Last x Activated fonts, Last x Imported fonts, Supported Languages based on character set, OpenType features and SkyFonts attributes
- SkyFonts Support – FontExplorer X Pro now supports SkyFonts font delivery technology for easily trialing, installing and synchronizing desktop fonts from Fonts.com subscriptions or Google Fonts across multiple workstations
- Subscription Licensing – Have a Fonts.com Master or Professional subscription plan? You can license your FontExplorer X Pro software with your existing account credentials
- Hide Source List – Save even more space for your font previews by having the ability to hide the source list panel
- Added one-click classification and icon symbols to the "Classify Fonts" dialog
- Added the ability to apply the software license file during installation via the Setup Assistant
- The Print dialog now offers the ability to export and import custom Print templates so you can now share your templates with other FontExplorer X users
- A warning message is will be provided when attempting to place System fonts in an activation control set
- Missing PostScript Printer fonts can be hidden in the Font List via a new option in the View menu (Hide/Show Missing PostScript Printer Fonts)
- Enhancements in the Font Information dialog's "Characters" panel for character "Info". Area is now resizable and the maximum character size has been increased to 500 points
- Exact matches can be searched for in the Font list by specifying the search string in quotes. This also enables searching for blanks which are otherwise interpreted as a separator
- For resolved and known issues, please see the Read Me file included in the download.
OS X 10.5 or later
FontExplorer X Server version 1.7 or later (for server connnect)