FontExplorer X Pro is optimized for professional use; it’s the solution that gives you the power you need to manage all your fonts.
Now you can more easily manage, activate and organize your existing font collection as well as find and experiment with new fonts. Whether you’ve got a hard drive full of typefaces or a few cherished families, FontExplorer X Pro handles your font library quickly, efficiently and reliably. And when you’re ready to add to your collection, you can view thousands of classic designs and the latest releases from independent foundries using the integrated store.
FontExplorer X Pro features an enhanced user interface with a configurable toolbar, activation control, comprehensive font information at your fingertips, customizable font previews, back-up functionality and access to FontExplorer X Server. Used together, FontExplorer X Pro and FontExplorer X Server are your complete solution for organizing, exploring and buying fonts and managing font licenses.
- Server fonts using the "Force Activate" option will correctly retain their activation status when FontExplorer X Pro is restarted in offline mode. Previously these fonts remained deactivated until the user logged in to the server
- Adobe InDesign and Illustrator Users: PostScript Type 1 fonts activated from the FontExplorer X Server will correctly show kerning in Adobe InDesign CS5+ and Illustrator CS5+ applications. Previously this only worked with CS4 or earlier versions of the Adobe applications or when using locally activated PostScript fonts
- Adobe InDesign Users: Added a FontExplorer X Pro preference key which will control whether server fonts are visible or invisible when running the InDesign packaging function. To make server fonts visible for the packaging process, quit FontExplorer X Pro and Adobe InDesign. On the client workstation, enter the following command in the Terminal application followed by the Enter key:
defaults write com.linotype.FontExplorerX disableIndesignPackageFixScript -bool FALSETo make server fonts invisible again for the packager enter the following command in the Terminal application followed by the Enter key:
defaults write com.linotype.FontExplorerX disableIndesignPackageFixScript -bool TRUEIf no action is taken, the server fonts will continue to be packaged invisibly
- OS X 10.6 only: Fonts with # in their filename will not appear in FontExplorer X when they are located in /Library/Fonts. When imported into FontExplorer X Pro or FontExplorer X Server they cannot be activated nor will they display a preview. Resolved with OS X 10.7.x
- After fast user switching FontExplorer X Pro refreshes the fonts in order to ensure that any System Font changes made by other users are available to all users on that machine. When doing this, the FontExplorer X Pro main window will always come to the foreground
- OS X 10.5.x only (Resolved with OS X 10.6): Removing font suitcases from a System Collection may cause FontExplorer X Pro to crash if some of the fonts in the suitcase are not activated. This may also occur when resolving conflicts and the font suitcase is contained in a System Collection
- Using OS X 10.5.8 -- Move the fonts you wish to keep to a new System Collection, then delete the System Collection containing the suitcase font
- Photoshop plugin Version 3.5.1: The font request dialog will erroneously open when a Photoshop file is selected in the Open dialog. Workaround: open files via double-click or by dragging them to the Photoshop application icon
- OS X 10.4.11 or later
- FontExplorer X Server version 1.7 (for server connnect)