Folx combines two functionalities: download manager and torrent client.
Folx is a free application that combines two functionalities – of download manager and torrent client for Mac. Folx makes downloading extremely easy: just open the page with the file to be downloaded, click the link in your browser and Folx will start the download for you. Its auto resume option comes handy when the downloading gets interrupted. You can also assign a tag or a few to the downloaded content for accurate and easy search through the downloaded files.
Folx is also available as PRO version. It brings such handy features as splitting the downloads in up to 10 threads which speeds up the download process; scheduling the download tasks according to your convenience; smart speed adjustment option (download speed will be adjusted automatically whenever you need to use Internet traffic to run other applications), iTunes integration,searching the web for torrents directly from Folx and password manager.
Please, note that this version of Folx does not support downloading videos from YouTube. To be able to download YouTube videos, please get the special build from the developer’s website.
- Fixed: a crash when iTunes integration was used with torrents.
- Fixed: a crash when adding a description to a task.
- Fixed: a crash when certain torrents were finished.
- Fixed: capturing of download links from certain sites in Google Chrome (you'll need to re-add the extension after updating).
- Other minor fixes and stability improvements.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor