Folx combines two functionalities: download manager and torrent client. Folx makes downloading extremely easy: just open the page with the file to be downloaded, click the link in your browser and Folx will start the download for you. The application splits the file being downloaded in up to ten threads, thus significantly increasing the download speed. Its auto resume option comes handy when the downloading gets interrupted. You can also assign a tag or a few to the downloaded content for accurate and easy search through the downloaded files. You can optimize traffic allocation between different applications by regulating manually the download and upload speed.
Folx is also available as PRO version. It brings such handy features as splitting the downloads in up to 10 threads which speeds up the download process; scheduling the download tasks according to your convenience; smart speed adjustment option (download speed will be adjusted automatically whenever you need to use Internet traffic to run other applications), iTunes integration and searching the web for torrents directly from Folx.
- Added: French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Spanish localizations.
- Added: support for websites requiring web authentication.
- Added: downloading of private and age-restricted videos from YouTube.
- Added: Quick Look support.
- Added: view the torrent search results without sorting.
- Added: the possibility to keep current category after the new download task was added.
- Improved: compact mode is kept on Folx relaunch.
- Improved: password manager got some tuning.
- Improved: links identification and downloading of YouTube videos.
- Fixed: issues with downloading of files with the same name.
- Fixed: occasional crashes when downloading from YouTube.
- Fixed: incorrect downloading of torrents when specific files were selected.
- Fixed: occasional crashes on adding torrent files via magnet links.
- Fixed: issues with maximum ratio setting for torrent seeding.
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor