Fission can crop and trim audio, paste in or join files, or just rapidly split one long file into many. It’s streamlined for fast editing. Plus, it works without the quality loss caused by other editors, so you can get perfect quality audio even when editing MP3 and AAC files.
If you need to convert formats, Fission can do that too! You can rapidly export or batch convert files to the MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF, and WAV formats.
- Edit MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, and AIFF files with no quality loss
- Quickly split a long audio file into smaller files
- Remove unwanted content, such as commercials, from your audio file
- Re-arrange audio in a single file, copy audio from one file to another, or merge with a quick drag and drop
- Create great-sounding MP3 or AAC ringtones for your cell phone.
- Critical Bug Fix: We've fixed a rare bug where ringtone saving or publishing to SoundCloud would cause data in the ~/Public folder to be incorrectly deleted.
- Enhancement: Waveform display has been sped up, and its memory footprint has been reduced.
- Enhancement: Fission can now handle damaged or fragmented MP4 files better than ever.
- Enhancement: Fission's MP3 encoder (LAME) has been updated to version 3.100 and its FLAC encoder has been updated to version 1.3.2.
- Enhancement: Myriad improvements to tags have been made. JPEGs are no longer incorrectly converted to PNG, and Fission now offers better handling Vorbis comments and QuickTime files with tags.
- Bug Fix: The Batch Converter now works as expected when in trial mode.
- Other: The License window has been updated and improved.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor