Fission can crop and trim audio, paste in or join files, or just rapidly split one long file into many. It’s streamlined for fast editing. Plus, it works without the quality loss caused by other editors, so you can get perfect quality audio even when editing MP3 and AAC files.
If you need to convert formats, Fission can do that too! You can rapidly export or batch convert files to the MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF, and WAV formats.
- Edit MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, and AIFF files with no quality loss
- Quickly split a long audio file into smaller files
- Remove unwanted content, such as commercials, from your audio file
- Re-arrange audio in a single file, copy audio from one file to another, or merge with a quick drag and drop
- Create great-sounding MP3 or AAC ringtones for your cell phone.
- [Major Enhancement] Fission now has support for 32-bit AIFF and WAV files, as well as 24-bit and 32-bit CAFF files.
- [Bug Fix] Audio will now be heard sooner when outputting to certain problematic USB audio devices.
- [Bug Fix] Several improvements have been made to Fission's high-efficiency AAC (HE-AAC) modes.
- [Bug Fix] Many additional bug fixes have been made, including a fix for parsing rare AIFF files, ID3 tag reading improvements, and better handling of malformed files. Several rare crashes have also been prevented
- [Other] Fission now has preliminary compatibility with macOS 10.13 (High Sierra). While we strongly recommend users stick with a fully supported version of macOS for now, we know of no issues with Fission on macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
- [Other] Fission now requires OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor