Fission can crop and trim audio, paste in or join files, or just rapidly split one long file into many. It’s streamlined for fast editing. Plus, it works without the quality loss caused by other editors, so you can get perfect quality audio even when editing MP3 and AAC files.
If you need to convert formats, Fission can do that too! You can rapidly export or batch convert files to the MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF, and WAV formats.
- Edit MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, and AIFF files with no quality loss
- Quickly split a long audio file into smaller files
- Remove unwanted content, such as commercials, from your audio file
- Re-arrange audio in a single file, copy audio from one file to another, or merge with a quick drag and drop
- Create great-sounding MP3 or AAC ringtones for your cell phone.
- An incompatibility with ALAC files generated by non-Apple applications like doubleTwist's "AirPlay Recorder" has been addressed.
- Fission's Start Window is now prevented from showing if Fission was launched by opening a file.
- We now have consistent bitrate options across all Rogue Amoeba apps, because consistency-ness is next to godliness.
- The way Fission saves ringtones has been updated for better compatibility, using the import folder. Mac App Store users should take note to delete duplicate files if they occur (this will depend on your iTunes import preferences).
- The presentation of errors following a batch conversion has been improved.
- Fission can now open the GSM, MS IMA, QT IMA, and CAF formats, as well as FLAC and ALAC files with non-standard containers or non-standard sample sizes.
- Unnecessary gaps at the beginning of files when exporting FLAC or ALAC files are no more.
- Several other minor fixes and improvements have been made.
OS X 10.7 or later