To notate music is to look forward – to the performance, and beyond. Whether you’re creating a simple lead sheet, making worksheets for your students, or composing your magnum opus, Finale helps you easily capture your musical ideas, produce beautiful notation, and quickly share the results.
For 25 years, Finale’s unique ability to create anything on the printed page has remained undisputed while other music notation software has come and gone. Finale 2014 is the forward-looking choice with new innovations, making Finale’s trademark freedom and flexibility easy for everyone to use.
Begin creating your musical legacy today.
Focus on your art, not
When inspiration strikes, Finale takes care of the details so you can focus on your music. Capture ideas as fast as you can – with no obstacles to slow you down.
Your music, your way
In an instant you can move measures, change keys, or perform dozens of edits to capture, arrange, perfect, and print anything you can imagine. Finale even offers creative and editorial input, from automatically harmonizing your melody to indicating when an instrument is out of range.
Enter notes your way
The choice is yours. Play in your notes with a MIDI keyboard, mouse, or computer keyboard. Scan sheet music or import a wide variety of file types, such as MIDI and MusicXML™. You can even capture a brass or woodwind performance with Finale’s MicNotator®.
Own the future today with Finale.
- Defined measure bookmarks can again be selected in “Measure” text boxes in several dialog boxes.
- The Reset All Groups & Brackets command is now available at any time.
- The ability to copy via drag-and-drop between two documents has been restored.
- Measures created via the Paste Multiple command are accessible in Scroll and Studio Views.
- Document windows now respect tool palette boundaries when tiled or cascaded.
- Finale no longer crashes if the Exercises folder is missing.
- Creating a new expression places initial focus on the Text field rather than the Description field.
- Pressing ENTER now confirms and closes the Expression Designer while focus is on a text field.
- The baseline triangles are displayed in the correct location when switching between Page and Scroll Views.
- Keyswitch expressions now affect playback for layers other than layer 1.
- Running a script with the Save command no longer causes an error message when choosing File > Save.
- Choosing the Reset Symbolic Fonts command no longer deletes MacSymbolFonts.txt.
- Exported page graphics now include the correct page number in the file name.
- Graphics are saved with the correct file extension and can have file names of more than 28 characters.
- File names for exported graphics can now contain Unicode characters.
- The Check Graphics dialog box now displays the full file path for linked graphics.
- Clicking a bracket style button twice no longer deselects the style.
- Adding actions to a technique no longer corrupts technique settings.
- The HyperScribe frame and staff scale correctly with the view percentage.
- No unnecessary accidentals are displayed on the latter of two tied notes.
- Using the Extract Parts command no longer produces a File Manager error.
- Display artifacts no longer appear when a syllable is elected while scrolling in Type Into Score mode.
- A vertical scrollbar now appears when text goes beyond the bottom edge of the Lyrics Window.
- The baseline triangles are displayed when moving across pages while in Type Into Score mode.
- Pressing ESC dismisses editing for the current lyric.
- Crosshairs now appear when dragging measure spacing handles.
- Clicking a measure handle no longer causes all handles to be hidden.
- Multiple display issues in the MIDI tool window have been corrected.
- Start/stop times and key velocities are now retained when edited.
- Documents imported via MusicXML successfully display flags.
- Handles now appear during drag-copying.
- Ledger lines are no longer displayed on percussion staves with rhythmic notation.
- Choosing Leftmost Measure for Starting Point in the Playback Controls does not affect the Start measure.
- Scanning older VST plug-ins on launch has been improved.
- Switching to a different audio playback device no longer causes Finale to crash.
- The audio engine now loads on launch when a Bluetooth device is plugged in.
- The TG Tools plug-ins have been modernized (the only visual indication is the OK button replacing “Go”).
- Pressing RETURN now confirms the Select Score and Parts for Printing dialog box.
- Constrained vertical dragging is now functioning properly.
- Documents are displayed correctly when moving them with the Hand Grabber tool.
- Pressing COMMAND+SHIFT+A after closing and opening a new document activates the Selection tool.
- Scrolling performance has been improved while an item is selected.
- Outlines no longer appear after double-clicking an item.
- Display artifacts no longer appear when dragging measures created with the Speedy Entry tool.
- The selection rectangle now displays where the mouse is clicked in the drawing area.
- The non-functional Text menu in the Shape Designer has been disabled.
- The editing functions (Cut/Copy/Paste/Select All) are functioning properly.
- Choosing Show Active Layer Only now updates the entire view.
- The Simple Entry menu is immediately updated when customizing keyboard shortcuts.
- The “S” keyboard shortcut has been added for the Combine/Split Rests command.
- Pressing COMMAND+- (hyphen) now zooms out.
- The Beam Width and Beam Angle tools are no longer capable of clearing each other’s adjustments.
- The Speedy Entry frame now displays in the correct location.
- Pressing COMMAND+SHIFT+F sets automatic tie direction rather than flatting notes.
- Entering multi-stroke characters no longer exits ScoreManager-linked text fields.
- Pressing ESC dismisses editing for the active text block.
- Resizing a measure-attached text block’s frame no longer causes the block to move up and to the right.
OS X 10.7 or later
Intel Core 2 Duo or better, Intel i3 and above recommended