Final Draft allows you to use your creative energy to focus on the content; let Final Draft take care of the style. Final Draft is the number-one selling application specifically designed for writing movie scripts, television episodics, and stage plays. It combines powerful word processing with professional script formatting in one self-contained, easy-to-use package. There is no need to learn about script formatting rules – Final Draft automatically paginates and formats your script to industry standards as you write.
- Auto-update: After 9.0.4 is installed, the user will be notified of future updates as soon as they are released and the update will be installed with one mouse-click.
- Profanity: Swear words have been incorporated into the spell-checker.
- Auto-scroll: The program will automatically scroll up to the middle of the page as typing reaches the bottom of the page.
- Changing the font through the Elements menu no longer affects the space-before settings.
- Changing zoom level now immediately redraws the document window.
- Disabled "Edit Page Number" when A-Pages are not locked, which prevents page-numbering issues.
- Documents now open to the correct "last-saved" cursor position.
- Drag-and-drop cursor size now consistent with the regular cursor.
- Dragging and dropping a character name + dialogue no longer changes the character name if dropped after an action element.
- Dragging and dropping text between panels in split view now works correctly.
- Dragging text between documents now works correctly (Windows only).
- Fixed crash in text documents when the set-font command issued.
- Ignore All command in the spell-check now works for all elements.
- Removed problematic highlighting function as an option from the Elements Setup > Font panel.
- Split-View drag-and-drop now shows the drag-select image while text is dragged.
- Status bar "page of page" now displays correctly.
- Unnecessary blank lines no longer appear in the ScriptNote report.
- User now prompted to save a file normally after exporting it as some other format.
OS X 10.7 or later