Final Cut Pro X is a professional video editing solution. Completely redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro adds extraordinary speed, quality, and flexibility to every part of the post-production workflow.
- Revolutionary Video Editing
- Assemble clips in the Magnetic Timeline without clip collisions or sync problems.
- Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline.
- Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip. Easily expand it back to single clips.
- Perfect your pacing right in the timeline with the Inline Precision Editor.
- Cycle through different shots, graphics, or effects at one place in the timeline with Auditions.
- Powerful Media Organization
- Import a broad range of formats including native AVCHD, H.264 from DSLRs, and more.
- Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background.
- Choose analysis options for stabilization, rolling shutter correction, and audio enhancement.
- Create and apply custom keywords on the fly as you select ranges in clips.
- Smart Collections let you dynamically organize content and find any shot in a few clicks.
- Incredible Performance
- New 64-bit architecture uses all the RAM in your system for larger projects and richer effects.
- The Cocoa foundation makes Final Cut Pro more responsive, interactive, and fun to use.
- Final Cut Pro taps the GPU on the graphics card and all the cores in your Mac for speed.
- Background processing lets you keep working without interruption.
- A ColorSync-managed color pipeline produces accurate, consistent color across applications.
- Compelling, Customizable Effects
- Preview effects to see how they look with your footage before applying them.
- Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls.
- Control effects with precision using a keyframe editor that appears directly in the timeline.
- Adjust the Ken Burns effect with simple onscreen arrows for start and end points.
- Integrated Audio Editing
- Let Final Cut Pro repair significant audio problems such as hum, excessive noise, and more.
- Sync DSLR video with separate audio in a single step, with instant audio waveform matching.
- Enrich your soundtrack with a library of royalty-free sound effects and audio effect plug-ins.
- Create immersive audio experiences in 5.1 surround.
- Intuitive Color Grading
- Improve the look of any clip with the single-click Balance Color feature.
- Apply the Match Color feature to match the looks of two clips shot under different conditions.
- Manipulate color, saturation, and exposure with the Color Board.
- Fine tune color for a specific color range or area of the screen using keying and masks.
- One-Step, Optimized Output
- Export projects to Apple devices and websites such as Vimeo, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Add your content to a set of themed menus, then burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc.
- Output files for HTTP live streaming in a single step.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.12.4 or later.
360 VR editing:
- Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
- Output 360° video to a connected VR headset*
- Open the 360° viewer to simultaneously monitor headset and equirectangular views while editing
- Option to track movement of a VR headset in the 360° viewer in Final Cut Pro
- Add 360° effects including blurs, glows, and more
- Share 360° video directly to YouTube, Facebook, and Vimeo
- Use the 360° patch to instantly remove cameras and rigs from the scene
- Use the Horizon overlay to easily change the orientation of 360° video right in the viewer
- Edit 360° video into a non-360° project and animate the pan, tilt, and zoom
- Place any graphic, still, or video into a 360° project, then reposition and resize to fit perfectly into the 360° scene
- Support for monoscopic and stereoscopic 360° video
Advanced color grading:
- Dedicated color tab in the inspector provides one location for all color controls
- Powerful new color wheels improve upon traditional wheels with integrated sliders to adjust hue, saturation, and brightness
- Color curves enable ultra-fine adjustments using multiple control points to change color and contrast
- Hue/saturation curves let you select a specific hue or brightness level to make adjustments while leaving other parts of the image unchanged
- Use the eye dropper in the color and hue/saturation curves to quickly sample parts of an image for adjustment
- Balance Color command includes an eye dropper for manual white balance
- Apply custom LUTs from popular color grading apps and sites
- Adjust color corrections over time with precise keyframe controls
- Speed through color correction using new keyboard shortcuts for color adjustments and role-based timeline navigation
- Color presets are now located in the effects browser for skimmable preview and fast search
High Dynamic Range:
- Import, grade, and deliver High Dynamic Range (HDR) video as Rec. 2020 HLG or Rec. 2020 PQ for HDR10
- Output video to third-party HDR monitors using third-party I/O devices
- Built-in waveform monitor indicates HDR brightness levels up to 10,000 nits
- HDR Tools effect lets you easily tone map HDR to Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) output as well as convert between PQ and HLG formats
- Option to view HDR as raw values when working without an HDR monitor
- Send your iMovie for iOS project directly to Final Cut Pro for advanced editing, audio work, and finishing
- Import, playback, and editing of High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC, also known as H.265) video clips and High Efficiency Image Format (HEIF) photos from Apple devices**
- Send to Compressor to export video projects in the HEVC format
- Adjust audio using effects plug-ins from Logic Pro X with redesigned, resizable interfaces
- Support for Canon Cinema RAW Light format with additional software from Canon
- Faster Optical Flow analysis using Metal 2
- Support for NFS-based libraries and media
- XML 1.7 with support for new color grading controls, 360 VR effects, and HDR
OS X 10.12.4 or later, 64-bit processor