FilePane is a lightweight, versatile multi-tool for quick file management. It provides quick access to a variety of tasks like resizing of images, setting the Desktop picture, showing file size, copying a file’s path to the clipboard, converting text documents to PDF, moving and sharing files, images, and text via AirDrop, Twitter/Facebook, etc. By default, FilePane is triggered on drag-and-drop, but you can change this to a hotkey in preferences.
How it works:
- Just start dragging file(s), text, or image(s) across the screen to see the FilePane “drop” panel. Now drop the item(s) on it.
- The app detects the file type and shows quick actions associated with the item(s) you’ve just dropped.
FilePane is not bound to Finder only, but works with other apps like Safari, mail clients, and text editors.
- You can now select your favorite save destination folders for quick image editing feature;
- Added Taptic engine feedback to Drop area for Macos 10.11+;
- Zip utility will now skip hidden files (.DS_Strore, __MACOSX folder and others);
- Change notification alert style to banner. It'll now close automatically. To reveal files in Finder, just click on its body;
- Fixed occasional error with drag-and-drops from Photos and some other 3rd party apps;
- Optimized support for multiple screen use;
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor