File Juicer is a drag-and-drop can opener and data archaeologist. Its specialty is to find and extract images, video, audio, or text from files which are hard to open in other ways.
It finds and extracts: JPEG, JP2, PNG, GIF, PDF, BMP, WMF, EMF, PICT, TIFF, Flash, ZIP, HTML, WAV, AVI, MOV, MP4, MPG, MP3, AIFF, AU, WMV, or text from files which contain data in those formats.
Lossless extraction… File Juicer does’t convert the images/sounds/videos it finds, but saves them unchanged in their original format if possible. See the manual for details.
This is useful:
- if you want to extract the images/sounds/videos from a PDF or Word document;
- if you have old files you can no longer open with current applications;
- if you receive emails with attachments you can not open;
- if you have corrupt files or databases;
- if you have damaged or accidentally erased flash cards for your digital camera;
- if you receive “self extracting” EXE files designed for Windows;
- or if this is just faster than copying and pasting from the file.
- Fix: juicing for text from RTF and HTML files on Mavericks would sometimes crash
OS X 10.8 or later