File Cabinet Pro is the file manager for the macOS menu bar. Quickly navigate to files without cluttering your desktop. Open, move, rename, compress, tag, trash, copy and paste files, all from the menu bar. You can open many file types natively in File Cabinet Pro or open files by launching other applications. It’s easy to click into directories in icon view, drill through directories in list view, or navigate the file tree in column view.
File Cabinet Pro is also a document-based application that ships with a built-in text editor, image viewer, pdf viewer, and media player. Some of the file types File Cabinet Pro can open for editing/viewing include::
- Text documents: Plain text files (.txt), Rich Text Format (.rtf), Rich Text Format Directory (.rtfd), Portable Document Format (.pdf), Markdown (.md)
- Image documents: Portable Network Graphics (.png), Joint Photographic Experts Group (.jpeg), Tagged Image File Format (.tiff, .tif), Bitmap image file (.bmp), Photoshop File Format (.psd) Import only., Scalable Vector Graphics (.svg) Import only
- Video and audio documents: MOV, MP4, M4A, M4V, AVI, MP3, WAV, CAF, AIF
- Create subdirectories
- Click into subdirectories and open documents
- Set a “Primary” and “Secondary” directory button for the bottom bar to get an innovative drag and drop experience; drag files to these buttons in the bottom bar to bring up a popover window
- Tag files easily. Select files in File Cabinet Pro, right click, and then simply add or remove file tags from the control in the context menu
- Show selected files in Finder
- Rename files
- Copy and paste files
- Compress files
- Trash files
- View items as icons, in a list, in columns, or in cover flow view
- Launch the application at login. You can have File Cabinet Pro automatically launch when you login to your Mac (optional feature, disabled by default)
- Create a list of all your favorite directories in the sidebar
- Create and edit txt, rtf, and rtfd files using the built in lightweight text editor
- Rotate images, crop images, and apply filters to images using the built in lightweight image editor
- Watch video and play audio files using the built in media player
- View PDF files using the built in PDF viewer
- Revert document versions for supported editable document types
- Set a Global Hotkey for showing and closing the File Cabinet Pro window (optional feature, disabled by default)
- Preview selected files in Quicklook by pressing the spacebar
- Share files in apps that support Sharing extensions like Mail and Messages
- Create text documents from Finder using File Cabinet Pro’s Document Creator Finder extension (Note: To use this feature, you have to enable the Finder extension in System Preferences under the “Extensions” tab)
- You can now create an audio recording and save it in the current directory you are viewing in File Cabinet Lite; you can also use this feature from the Finder Extension.
- You can now trim audio and video files using File Cabinet Lite's built-in media player.
- Fixed issue that prevented File Cabinet Lite's main window from closing via the Global Hotkey if the "Automatically hide and show menu bar" setting is turned on in System Preferences.
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor