File Cabinet Pro is the file manager for the OS X menu bar. Quickly navigate to files without cluttering your desktop. Open, move, rename, tag, trash, copy, and paste files, all from the menu bar! You can open many file types natively in File Cabinet Pro or open files by launching other applications. Store files locally and in iCloud. It’s easy to click into directories in icon view or navigate the file tree in column view. Organize your files your way!
File Cabinet Pro is also a document-based application that ships with a built-in text editor, image viewer, PDF viewer, and media player! Some of the file types File Cabinet Pro can open for editing/viewing include:
- Text documents: Plain text files (.txt), Rich Text Format (.rtf), Rich Text Format Directory (.rtfd), Portable Document Format (.pdf)
- Image documents: Portable Network Graphics (.png), Joint Photographic Experts Group (.jpeg), Tagged Image File Format (.tiff, .tif), Bitmap image file (.bmp), Photoshop File Format (.psd) Import only., Scalable Vector Graphics (.svg) Import only.
- Video and audio documents: MOV, MP4, M4A, M4V, AVI, MP3, WAV, CAF, AIF
- Create subdirectories in File Cabinet Pro. Organize your files the way you want!
- Click into subdirectories and open documents! File Cabinet Pro is the must have mini file browser for your menu bar!
- Store files locally and in iCloud! Place files in iCloud and access them from all your devices!
- Innovative Drag n’ Drop! You can drag files to and from iCloud by dragging files over the appropriate button to bring up a popover window!
- Tag files! Select files in File Cabinet, right click, and then simply add or remove file tags from the control in the context menu.
- Show in Finder! Want to see a file in Finder? Select a file and right click, then choose “Show in Finder” in the context menu.
- Rename files.
- Copy and paste files.
- Trash files.
- View items as icons or in columns!
- Launch the application at login! You can have File Cabinet Pro automatically launch when you login to your Mac (optional feature, disabled by default).
- Built in lightweight text editor! Create and edit .txt, .rtf, and .rtfd files!
- Built in lightweight image viewer/editor! Rotate images, crop images, and apply filters to images!
- Built in media player! Watch video and play audio files!
- PDF viewer!
- Editable files support document versions! If you made a change to a file you don’t like, you can easily revert documents versions.
- You can now move files by dragging them onto directories in the Favorites list sidebar
- Fixed issue that occurred when attempting to rename a file and typing a forward slash in the name
- Fixed issue that caused the "Secondary" directory to not pick up changes made by the "Primary" directory in the rare case that you set the "Primary" and "Secondary" directory to display the same contents
- Other minor bug fixes and performance improvements
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor