Farrago provides the best way to quickly play sound bites, audio effects, and music clips on your Mac. Podcasters can use Farrago to include musical accompaniment and sound effects during recording sessions, while theater techs can run the audio for live shows. Whether it’s providing quick access to a large library of sounds or running through a defined list of audio, Farrago is ready to assist!
- Powerful Tile Interface: Farrago’s tile grid lets you lay out your audio exactly how you want it. Put your sounds at your fingertips and work the way you want.
- Customize With the Inspector: Use the inspector to tailor each sound’s settings to your needs. Set the tile name and color, tweak in/out points, alter fade settings and more.
- Organize With Sets: Create distinct groups of audio based on mood, show, or any other critera you like. Using sets makes managing audio a breeze.
- Sound Sets: Farrago’s default sound set is useful, but you can create your own sets based on show, mood, or anything else you like.
- A Thoughtful Interface: Farrago’s tile-based layout provides an easily understood way to play your audio via the keyboard or mouse.
- Global Access via Hotkeys: With Farrago’s user-definable Global Hotkey, you can pull the app forward, then use the in-app shortcuts to instantly trigger your desired audio.
- Major Enhancement: Farrago now offers a Dark theme, providing a great interface for use in theaters and other darkened spaces.
- Major Enhancement: Farrago now provides full Undo support, enabling you to revert settings changes, tile deletions, and even the removal of entire sets.
- Major Enhancement: A "Now Playing" indicator now shows in the Sets list next to any set in which audio is currently playing. With this, you can easily determine where audio is coming from.
- Enhancement: The "Stop Playing" menu item now becomes "Reset All" when the Shift key is held. This resets all tiles to their default unplayed state, including paused tiles.
- Enhancement: Set titles now enter edit mode immediately upon the creation of a new set.
- Enhancement: Performance improvements have been made for libraries containing large numbers of tiles or sets.
- Enhancement: Audio which Farrago imports (that is, any file in a non-MP3, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, WAV format) is now saved in the Apple Lossless format, rather than as raw audio. This saves space, with no quality loss.
- Bug Fix: The "Track" option for the playback device set in Preferences has been made more robust, to better handle instances where MacOS does not report a default device.
- Bug Fix: A rare issue where keyboard shortcuts could fail to trigger playback has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: A rare bug where window resizing could fail on multi-monitor setups has been fixed.
- Other: Many other small interface improvements and adjustments have been made.
- Other: The License window has been updated and improved.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor