Fade In is a complete application for writing motion picture screenplays, including tools for outlining, organizing, and navigating, plus extensive screenplay formatting and robust tools for managing rewrites and revisions. And it works with Fade In Mobile for your iPhone or iPad.
Fade In’s modern, state-of-the-art application interface does everything professional screenwriters need and expect their software to do. Its extensive formatting capabilities take care of formatting for you, automatically transitioning from scene headings to action to dialogue as you type. It includes a full range of standard screenplay styles: you can use the built-in default styles, customize them, or create your own. The software keeps track of the character names and locations you use and can provide as-you-type autocompletion suggestions. Spend less time typing and more time writing.
You can organize your screenplay however you like, marking and color-coding significant sequences, plot points, themes, characters, and other story elements so you’ll always have a clear overview of your work. Use the Navigator to quickly move around your script and reorder scenes.
- Added error detection of illegal/invisible characters (from pasting; although recent improvements better guard against)
- Fixed a possible Recover Backup crash
- Fixed some visual line creep that could happen with mixed font sizes under certain circumstances
- Addressed a cast report regression from 575
- There was an issue when closing a document with the dialogue tuner open
- Updated Scrivener import to work with the new Scrivener 3 file format (as well as old Scrivener files, still)
OS X 10.6.8 or later